Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daneekage

Gold Effect

11 posts in this topic

Trying for the gold effect. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Never mind the red, I messed up the spiderweb in the background and just colored over it for now, I'll just work the web out after I figure out how I'm doing the gold effect.

post-2177-0-25674700-1373379380_thumb.jp

Edited by daneekage

I'm thinking of doing it somewhat like this then filling in the horseshoe with gold or brown and yellow but stopping just a hair short of the darkest of black so i can leave a little room for white highlights.... if that makes any sense.

make 1 horizon line on the horseshoe....then fade up from the bottom and down from the top with darker tone. also try solid edge white highlights

Hmmm... I'm not sure I understand. Something like a cleaner version of one of these two?

post-2177-0-57482000-1373383116_thumb.jp

post-2177-0-11348600-1373383143_thumb.jp

Hmmm... you probably mean more like this? I'm going to keep working on this one, I think it'll work out for me.

post-2177-0-22140500-1373385536_thumb.jp

954721_10201662921961544_1714806075_n.jpgthat's pretty much it. This is how I do it....ask 10 people and you will get 10 ways to do it.

Ah, I see now. I didn't know what you meant by solid edge white highlights, but that looks really good. Thanks man, that's a huge help.

reference dude, find some good reference... There's a bunch of differenct ways it can be done so really it comes down to finding the right reference for the way you want it too look and trying to copy that...

Yeah I'm big on reference, I can't really draw without it. I had a hard time finding anything useful though.

Very helpful... and now bookmarked, thanks.