Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
natebot

Tattoo Furniture

21 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a piece or two of furniture for the studio and wondering what others would suggest.

I'm definitely going to be getting a regular old portable massage table.

I'm also looking to get a regular swivel chair (non porous of course) with a back to it, something that can be easily straddled. Searching for this only comes up with the crazy massage chairs, which I suppose could work but seems to be a bit over the top for me.

Any suggestions on client chairs?

Word. The stool is exactly what ive been looking for, just wasnt sure what to call it.

Thanks dude!

Check out the Tat Soul line of furniture. Relatively inexpensive and the features are perfect. Good quality construction as well

My wife just bought one for her station at the shop and we are now about to order two for every tattoo station now. Super cheap, comfortable and rolls nicely without scuffing the floor. Some of those shitty Tatsoul chairs cost 3 times the price of those two stools and massage table. and the hydraulics on those Tat soul products blow. and they are almost impossible to move around or use in tight spaces.

Sorry to shit on Tatsoul right after you posted it. I typed mine at the same time and didnt know you wrote it. So it wasnt a personal attack on your post. I just have personally seen they are garbage and not worth the cost. Nothings worse then paying $600 dollars for a chair that slowly lowers as people sit on it for an hour or two.

I just have personally seen they are garbage and not worth the cost. Nothings worse then paying $600 dollars for a chair that slowly lowers as people sit on it for an hour or two.

Do you think it's a manufacturing defect, or are they all like this? I wanted to buy one of those but now i'm not so sure wacko.png

Inkbed makes some nice tables, and you can upgrade to several different models depending on what you want to spend.. I got a basic adjustable chair that will layout flat and has a removable head cushion and arms for about 150. Works great.http://www.inkbed.com/

Thanks for that site, Rees. Some really good prices on there. A mayo stand for under $50, that's hard to beat.

Does anybody here see a reason that this should not be used for a client?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019QF7JI/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My lady seems to think that because it has wheels the client would not be able to sit still. I think that's absolute rubbish (but don't tell her that). Anybody ever have any issues like that?

I can see that chair for you, but not a client. You need something decent that they can relax on for 5 hours at a stretch. Don't see that little roller chair working for that. Just my 2 cents.

I can see that chair for you, but not a client. You need something decent that they can relax on for 5 hours at a stretch. Don't see that little roller chair working for that. Just my 2 cents.

Any suggestions? I'm just getting started in a shop, so not looking to break the bank.

Edited by natebot

My wife just bought one for her station at the shop and we are now about to order two for every tattoo station now. Super cheap, comfortable and rolls nicely without scuffing the floor. Some of those shitty Tatsoul chairs cost 3 times the price of those two stools and massage table. and the hydraulics on those Tat soul products blow. and they are almost impossible to move around or use in tight spaces.

If you get the Baseplate and Wheels package for the tatsoul 370, it is extremely easy to move about, I suppose all hydraulic seals will eventually wear and perish, however, they are very easy to repair...And usually Free....

If you are going for a Chair, I suggest you buy one that has a Metal Base to Support the arms with the Wheels, the plastic can break or fracture easier...Also, the castors are better if the housing is also metal, as the plastic ones, again, are slightly weaker....But, if you buy them cheap enough, then might be worth having a spare..

The only problem I have ever had with a rolling chair being unideal is when Im tattooing someones back. You can tend to push them away if they are straddling the rolling chair facing the opposite direction. A simple solution for that is to put an armrest in front of them that they can put there arms on and lean into. It helps them stretch their back and shoulders, makes them more comfortable and prevents them from rolling. Those chairs are also awesome for lower back tattoos because they raise up to a high enough height that you can comfortably tattoo without leaning too far forward. They obviously aren't ideal for every situation but for most spots on an arm or back they are great. Every other position I normally lay people down flat on a massage table anyway.

we use good ol fashioned chairs upholstered with vinyl...or folding chairs....

and... a massage chair for working on backs

and... massage tables for everything else

tatsoul chairs suck, the hydraulics will usually fail within a year.

I have the Tat Soul Xlite portable...I fuckin love it for conventions! It's an uncomfortable as a bitch after about and 40 minutes of sitting in it tho!biggrin.png

Didn't know they're hydralics had issues? A guy at my old shop has one and it's been working just fine no issues

I was looking at that Inkbed ....How are the'yre hydralics? I can't use a big ass massage table in my shop...I don't got enought room and I like the convinence of

elevating and spinning my clients around while Im tattooing.

Don't mean to gate crash the party being a newbie but the tatsoul range in the uk are well expensive. Abt 280 uk sterling for an arm rest . That's fxxxing extortionate . And the chairs you could spend a week in the pacific islands for the same amount lol .

My misses wanted to buy a tatsoul 370 for her studio, the price of item is steep but they also want another £170 for delivery. No chance.

I got a TatSoul 370 it's an older version i got used. no problems at all with the hydralics ... maybe I got lucky, I love it

Alchemy,

I'm sorry to hear about issues with one of our chairs.

We back all of our chairs up. We have a great reputation in the industry and we warranty all of our chairs. There may have been some first generation chairs when we started that had issues but all of our current 370s are some of the best in the industry.I would like to personally take care of you. I have pm'd you so I can fix your chair problem. I can always be reached directly at billy@tatsoul.com.

Thanks,

Billy

TATSoul