Maryland Tattoo Laws?

- - - - -

3 replies to this topic

Casanova

Pin Cushion

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Apparently you don't have to be licensed in the state of Maryland to be able to tattoo. I have found only one law in Maryland when it concerns tattoos, is anyone familiar of the laws out there for this state? I'm more concerned with what it takes to get a shop opened in this state, if you don't have to be licensed than do you still need the Health Department to come out and approve the place? (I'm assuming this is obvious I simply can't find anything concerning this) Thanks!
"Casanova? I wouldn't wan't to live up to that name" Well that's why I chose it.

Hankster5136

Pin Cushion

• PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
A sign is required warning of the risks of infection and written aftercare instructions must be provided....thats it. No Health department inspections are required........

Casanova

Pin Cushion

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Damn, I wonder how long that will last. Good looking, thank you.
"Casanova? I wouldn't wan't to live up to that name" Well that's why I chose it.

Hankster5136

Pin Cushion

• PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
They tried several times to pass a law requiring a license, but it never made it through. There are more requirements for a beauty shop than there are for a tattoo shop. I'm down in Southern Maryland by Solomons Island about an hour and a half rom you......straight down route 2/4 all the way to the end. Kinda scary actually....makes me wonder when the last spore test was done in the shops around here....lol.