RCVisual

Conventions And Expos, 2013

thought maybe we could start a solid thread for conventions going on in 2013 and who is going to what, instead of having a millioin threads out there for specific ones trying to meet up with people. probably be best to have one thread for conventions/expos in northamerica and another thread for the ones in europe/UK. thatd help cut down on all the crossfeeds and make it a little more manageable.

just thinking that this will be a little be easier source to check out conventions and good seminars going on, and excellent way to meet up with other trailers on the road if ya'll have a mind for that sort of thing.

for starters, where do most of ya'll get your convention info? favorite sites etc;? currently i get most of my info from tattoonow.com or the bodyart expo pages.

im slacking on signing up for conventions as of the moment, only signed up for 208tatfest in boise, Idaho, USA, and possibly gonna hit up the convention going on in philly.

i like tattoonow alot, great exposure for your portfolio. but they mainly only post notices that have to do with off the map tattoo shop and where theyre gonna be convention and seminar wise; would be great to know a few other sites.

let me know if ya'll would be interested to expand on this thread with a US and a UK version for conventions, and i'll start searching through and posting some links as well as the ones im planning on hitting up

Good idea on the thread. I will be at Chicago's convention, http://villainarts.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=99&Itemid=347 .

I don't have any go to sites for convention information, I usually just try to find them through Google.

As far as seminars go, I have to say that I attended Nick Malasto's seminar at this same convention last year and it was horrible. If any trailers have had a different experience, please share. I will tell you that his "secrets" include blasting well known artists, claiming that anyone using their thumb when testing machines doesn't have a clue about tattooing, and giving everyone a weak rotary machine. His seminar is also "off the cuff", no notes, powerpoint, or anything. Afterward, I talked with three other attendees at the bar and we all felt like we threw $150 away. Suffice it to say that the membership to this site has been far more help.

If anyone has info on good seminars they would recommend, or ones they would not attend again, please share.

check out tattoonow.com, they give a good list of seminars and webinars for those who arent able to travel that far, and theyve usually got a good lineup of artists that do it. i think guy aitchenson has a webinar coming up on there soon actually. registration is between 150-200 if i remember correctly. not as great as an in person seminar of course since its just a webcam i believe, but nonetheless could be informative. could also find the link for it on tattooeducation.com i believe.

as for the link you posted, havent heard any reviews on how those guys tattoo seminars go, but durante does a good piercing seminar

I will be at the War Of The Roses Tattoo Convention in Lancaster Pa Jan 25-27th and Im still looking for someone to split a booth with for Philly. If anyone is interested I have the invite just never sent it in to get a booth. Id love to split with someone.

I'll be working the Minneapolis Convention next weekend...

I'm booked solid...but if any of you are there, feel free to stop by and have a bit of a chat.

My name is Adam Underwood, and I'll be with Mutiny Tattoo

I'm the ginger in the lower left of this pic

577865_10151176176353742_1757848634_n.jpg

Edited by adm

My name is Adam Underwood, and I'll be with Mutiny Tattoo

... And dont settle for cheap imitations, kids. make sure your Adam is the genuine article. Simply ask to see the Hot Stuff Peter. You'll love it.

• Upvote 1

worldtattooevents.com is a damn good site for finding conventions. theyve already got a good listing of all this years listings updated, and still have last years listings up (so you can find what went on in your area last year in case they just havent posted anything up about that particular convention for this year yet). site is good for both sides of the pond and seems to be quite up to date. gotta go to page 6ish or so before you get to listings for 2013 (for USA listings). making my list of possibles right now then gotta check my budget and will have list of ones im going to up soon. im over here in washington so i pretty much stay on the west coast area

Laughlin, nevada. 5 day convention. april 22nd-27th. going on during big bike rally. can look up info at dermalknowledgeproductions.net if youre interested

I'm going to try and book a weekend at the paradise tattoo gathering. Surely not ready to tattoo in one yet, but ready to go hang out and watch some seminars!

thats definitely THE spot for seminars if you can make it to it feazy. ive been thinking about it myself

Since I'm too lazy to start a new thread for outside US events, anyone going to Helsinki Ink this year? I'll probably go and hang around for at least on saturday.