letaali

Week 138 - Celebrity Portrait

BoldCrow won the last one:

CELEBRITY PORTRAIT

1:- Original Art ONLY

2:- Each member may submit only ONE entry per weekly contest

2:- Pencil, Pen, Ink, Crayon, Paints, watercolor etc...

3:- No Digital or Photoshop (unless your cropping or making it a smaller size)

4:- Deadline is Sunday 13th of January .

5:- Art must be "Tattooable."

6:- Nothing you drew a month ago is allowed, must be Original/New stuff from every contestant

7:- If you feel the need to Prove your work, please provide evidence of this. (entirely up to you)

8:- NO High Jacking of the weekly thread what so ever!!

first contest of the year so let us start it with a bang! THINK outside the box! This doesn't have to be all photo realism! Let us see some traditional portraits, anime portraits, caricatures ANYTHING that comes to mind as long as you post post post and contribute.

TIME IS TICKING!

sweet !!! Thanks for the votes folks ...Had you in mind with this one Monk wink.png

Edited by BoldCrow

Ive been waiting for this Boney ... Do It Do It !!!!

Edited by BoldCrow

Well this is my attempt guys, unfortunately there's some glare from the pencil and the shitty iphone camera but i had a ball doing this. Critique always welcome :]

Micah.

sheen.jpg

Well this is my attempt guys, unfortunately there's some glare from the pencil and the shitty iphone camera but i had a ball doing this. Critique always welcome :]

Micah.

sheen.jpg

Rule 1 - Original art only. AlexPardeexCharlieSheen.jpgThis is Alex Pardee's image.

I asked my kids to pick a celebrity for me to draw for this contest so here is my attempt at Obama. Its rushed and rough, as spare time is hard to come by at the minute but thought i would enter anyway.

post-31422-0-28532900-1357604898_thumb.j

Id still consider that different. I'm not even sure if Alex's piece is a tiger, completely different style, different look

Original art doesn't have to be an original idea. I think phlux has done a good job recreating from Alex's concept

• Upvote 1

Id still consider that different. I'm not even sure if Alex's piece is a tiger, completely different style, different look

Original art doesn't have to be an original idea. I think phlux has done a good job recreating from Alex's concept

No offense meant to phlux. I understand you can create art from someone else's work, I guess I just wouldn't consider it that original. I always thought describing a piece of art as derivative was the worst thing you could say. I think its clear that phlux's submission came from Alex's idea (with no mention to boot). But I am new here and could very well be mistaken. Perhaps this contest is more about technical rendering than creativity.

hah. Dali had some serious style :D

Great entries people-1 Great to see so many of you taking part to the first contest of the year.

POST MORE people! I know we can break ten entries easily! I've been sick with stomach flu but will post an entry before Sunday.

I have a few I did ages ago. Ill post them up I hate celeb portraits, waaaaaaaaaaa

I'll vote for the tiger blood. If I had free time Id draw lindsay blowhan or kim kardashian with a steamy load on her face. Im genuinely piss off with her for hooking up with that gayfish... her ass is amazing but she has no brains.

so how many people are working on their portraits? I almost finished mine today. Ill hopefully get it all polished for tomorrow. It kinda sucks tho because there is five or so people in the forum who might recognize my "celebrity"

Here is my entry. Not sure how much of a celebrity he is but it is supposed to be Popcorn Sutton from the Moonshiners show on the Discovery Channel. I thought his weathered face had a lot of character.

post-31406-0-37264100-1358062101_thumb.jpg