Sign in to follow this  
MikeyGreywash

Fun Piece I Did With My Copic Lining Markers

The rope line thickness is cool.( I must practice more on line weight). Really nice design.

really nice and balanced looking design. The lines could be cleaner to give this the final "umph". I also feel that this would benefit from one more line weight. the lanthern and the bird could the outlined with thicker line to bring them up from the rest of the piece.

Are you using regular paper of marker paper? regular paper makes the lines , suck the ink out of the markers faster and kills the tips. You save the money you spend on paper on the cost of the markers and get better results ;)

Just out of interest letaali could you explain what part of the lateen you would thicken? Would it include the front part of the frame too or just the outside lines?

Looks great, I can see why you might want to increase line weight around posts etc on lantern to match rest of peice however I think you would lose some detail in doing so. If you were to do this one again and clean up the line work this would be A++

As everyone has said, the use of line weight in the rope looks really good. Of course, the whole piece looks nice, but there's something about that rope.

I think it's pretty damned good man. I see no negatives and feel they only stem from personal preferences on a pice this well done.

Really great piece! I agree with everyone else that the line thickness on the rope, but have you considered thickening up the top edge of the rope as it crosses over the lantern and the right edge as it crosses over the bird? If you look at where the rope curves around in front of the two rose eyes on the left side, the rope thickness is the same on both edges of the rope. Just a thought...it may help the rope "pop" a little more in those upper areas.

Man as far as good design layout goes David Tevenal is probably one of the best I have seen in along time. I have been looking over his stuff for like the last week now trying to get inspiration.

Your layout looks great man, I would love yo see this piece with color in it.