Long time no see.. Read more... ×
JJ-

How Drugs Effect On Art

That's pretty cool, but holy shit this guy is a HEAD! Coke, PCP, meth...the things we put ourselves through in the name of art. wink.png

what a retard, lol..... it's no wonder he spends alot of time in the hospital..... I'd be lying if i said i didnt love it though. The bath salt portriat is hysterical. Dont know what half the other drugs he's on were. prescription mostly, I would imagine. except for the gas and lighter fluid. and computer spray. lmao.

Well that was an interesting site. Do we have to take the artists word that he was under the influence of all those drugs? Still though i enjoyed that link a lot thanks.

Just done a bit of background research on the artist. Again that made for interesting reading, i was wrong about wether he was under the influence or not though, he really was. After reading about more of his work i cant help feeling that it is art because thats how people pigeon hole mentalist performers.

too bad it wasnt up for a vote, although I cant decide which is my favorite ..... PCP or Meth portrait.

I have "dabbled" with marihuana whilst drawing/painting. Sometimes, I get really into it and it makes me more creative but most of the time, i am inclined to eat a packet of cooking chocolate, fall asleep, dribble on myself. Recommended.

Man fuck that shit!! Buddy STAYED in the hospital layed up joe!! And fucking huffing gas, compressed air, and butane?!?!?!?? But I liked the Mushrom and Loritab ones the best out of all of them...

Edited by SlickSquid

Just my opinion, but I think the project is lame. I've done a fair amount of the drugs listed, and painted and drew while on them. While I was in college we would have a "24 hours of Art" weekend where we would stay in the studio for 24 hours, bring a bunch of booze and drugs, and paint, draw, sculpt, whatever. The next day we would have a sale on only the stuff created during that 24-hour period. It was fun. Anyway, I don't see how his self-portraits would differ that much from drug to drug. Some of them I understand, and some of them I haven't tried, so who knows. But for the drugs I am familiar with, most of his self portraits would look similar. I think he was trying too hard to make a point about how drugs effect art. Its an interesting topic, but you could address it better. I would be interested in talking about different effects on here if anyone cares to share their thoughts.

the dmt one is the best for me.... but the G13..? come on.. the guy got high on the hype... blink.png

Simply bullshit...

Anyone who did the above drugs will tell you the same thing.

Just read the post #12 in this topic. Now that is true and I experienced the same thing as he says.

Allegedly...

Gunna have to agree, with all the drugs I have experienced, the last the I even wanna do is sit around drawing and painting, and when I have done it, my style doesn't change at all. Usually I throw in the towel before I even finish it, and find something more social and interesting to do