MohawkJen

How Do I Know What Size Coils I Need?

I got this machine. I was taking it apart and I busted the coil wire to close to the base of the coil to just solder.

I am not sure what kind of machine this is. I just want to buy new coils for it. It might be a puma? It works so effing good, I really love it, and I am sad. I am still learning about the types of machines, chasing stuff all over the internet. I thought I might just ask and see if I get help that would be rad. Thanks

post-31309-0-88907200-1342557955_thumb.jpg

If you want the height messure them, Number of layers just unroll a coil and count.

Or

If your broke it where I think you have, Just unroll enough to fix them

If you want the height messure them, Number of layers just unroll a coil and count.

Or

If your broke it where I think you have, Just unroll enough to fix them

I will unroll them, but it's the underneath wire(the wire between the two coils). I am pretty sure they are 8 wraps because of how they hit, I was just wondering about the measurement of them. I just don't want to get them too tall. I think if they are short enough I can just get a bigger yoke or just shim them right?

So it is the height I can buy them by then? I mean also along with the wrap size

maybe measuring them?

not sure if you want to know abouth the coil height or number of layers....

Height dude sorry

They will properly be 1.25mm (Tall)

Good deal! Glad I actually own a caliper!

They will properly be 1.25mm (Tall)

1.25 mm ??

lol. those would be some pretty short coils eh ?

1.25mm Coils...Thats an..... itsy bitstsy teeny weenie mini micro tattoo machiney....probs for really small detailed work...(Bet you tried to say it a few times)tongue.png

Yellow poka dot bikini! (Love it! laugh.png ) And yes my micro machines are awsome for small detailed work.

But On the other hand, what the fuck was I on last night blink.png the size I was ment to say is 31.75 mm

Dude any way....an inch and a quarter... The real system of measurement!

Edited by MohawkJen

I dont do inches, mm's all the way! its the only way I do things lol

You measure in french ?

LOvely achine , roundback jonesy style , interesting custom a bar with drop front and engraving that does taste of Huck

biggrin.png It has the initials SM in it and #13. If I knew I would say, but I have no clue....I have looked and looked and looked...no luck

Job for Mark101

If your worried about a fit you could just take those coils off and send them to someone to be redone.

If your worried about a fit you could just take those coils off and send them to someone to be redone.

You are a smart man! smile.png Okay job up for grabbss.....who wants to redoe these coils for me?

It might be more expensive than just buying some new ones.

i'd do it, but i'm in Europe, i guess you'll get somebody there who will do it. if you don't care about waiting a few more days and a few more $'s for shipping, then just tell me.

Hit up Fatcount. He IS the one guy around here who is a bit "famous" for his coils.

You are a smart man! smile.png Okay job up for grabbss.....who wants to redoe these coils for me?

It might be more expensive than just buying some new ones.

I remember what it's like to break a wire and not know the ins and outs of coils. Now I just make my own, keep some extras, and dont take the machines apart as often.

I remember what it's like to break a wire and not know the ins and outs of coils. Now I just make my own, keep some extras, and dont take the machines apart as often.

Yeah I figured I needed to learn some stuff. So I did, plus they needed a good cleaning. Which they got. It was totally an accident, I do want to learn how to make my own I just have so much else on my plate I will wait. I have an automotive background and all the tools, and I do understand more of the lingo about the machines probably better than any other new person. I want to be patient with this part, it is important to me. I would like to make my own machines someday, but not yet.

And Fabio I am interested in sending you the coils. I will Pm you.

where are you located mohawkjen??? if canada go with FC... his coils are awesome.... if your in the U.S. id be happy to help.... (just thinking about shipping charges) just trying to keep it as local as possible... :)

where are you located mohawkjen??? if canada go with FC... his coils are awesome.... if your in the U.S. id be happy to help.... (just thinking about shipping charges) just trying to keep it as local as possible... smile.png

U.S. Arizona