Ruki

Realistic Bird Piece

Haven't posted in agesssssss but today was a nice surprise and confidence booster in my tattooey life. I started this piece about 4-5 weeks ago, it was her first tattoo and it took about 8 hours in 1 session, she was a badass lol. Anyway, she came back today for a touch up, and it healed up so nice, i was shocked, cos sometimes i have to fix up a bunch of things that didn't heal too well, but this looked good i think!

Won't forget how much ink trails has helped me learn, hope everyone's ok smile.png

602562_10100482140489005_769641171_n.jpg

557716_10150994070744865_1794943004_n.jpg

Haven't posted in agesssssss but today was a nice surprise and confidence booster in my tattooey life. I started this piece about 4-5 weeks ago, it was her first tattoo and it took about 8 hours in 1 session, she was a badass lol. Anyway, she came back today for a touch up, and it healed up so nice, i was shocked, cos sometimes i have to fix up a bunch of things that didn't heal too well, but this looked good i think!

Won't forget how much ink trails has helped me learn, hope everyone's ok smile.png

602562_10100482140489005_769641171_n.jpg

557716_10150994070744865_1794943004_n.jpg

Tattoos should always be easy to "read". The bird at the top is easy to see,

but the other two are hard to discern from the roses.

A good trick when you are sketching the tattoo, is to squint your eyes, so that

the image blurs a bit, which will give you an idea of how the tattoo will look years

later when the ink diffuses, and if you'll still be able to see the figures clearly.

that's a beautiful tattoo. u should be proud.

x2, the Colour work, application, size and theme all work very well, nice use of highlights, I like the subtly of the Birds, and the colour used on them makes you look deeper at the design, I assume this was intentional...I think multicoloured Parrots might have been too much...

Love the colors....they create awesome contrast. Even though the tattoo is "realistic" its color scheme and composition still give it a traditional feel. Im bias to traditional and this really works for me. I do agree however that the two birds get a bit lost but its not a major flaw just something in the future to consider. Perhaps a bold outline would fix that if the situation permits. Try printing it and outlining it with a micron to see if that would help bring the birds out.

I love it Ruki.... I also like looking into the design for details(birds) etc.... I don't see that as a design flaw at all... more of a Tattoo/Game all in one. I enjoy art of this type. :) ..... Different strokes for different folks.

quote" A good trick when you are sketching the tattoo, is to squint your eyes, so that

the image blurs a bit, which will give you an idea of how the tattoo will look years

later when the ink diffuses, and if you'll still be able to see the figures clearly"

Hey , that my line ! I just said that a few weeks ago ! Get your own material ! Anyway , I think the birds being a part of the roses is a clever piece of observation - the birds in the wild are coloured to camoflage whilst feeding , and this picture cleverly leads the eye from a clearly seen bird to those in their natural habitat . On top of being a fucking shit hot piece of tattooing , technically well worked it is a clever bit of art too......any minor faults are so heavily outgunned by that I doubt anyone would notice them this year or 30 years along .

i wouldnt call this realistic. it has a painting effect to it. which is not a negative thing, on the contrary.. dig it even more because of that.

good to see ya around again ;)

Hey , that my line ! I just said that a few weeks ago ! Get your own material !

LMAOOOO

great tattoo ruki .... ur work is wonderous

amy posted that Seperoth it was mind blowing