Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
badseed

Palmolive Dish Soap

35 posts in this topic

just inquiring, has anyone ever heard or seen someoone usin palmolive dish to clean a tattoo off ? after its finnished , or any other means besides green soap , or just plain water , a buddy of mine says he uses 2-3 drops in wash out bottle full of water , just wondering if this is safe , doesnt seem safe to me but ,,, green soap seams the method of choice

Edited by badseed

Yeah my artist starting making this mix that uses some generic brand of soap from a Walgreens and alcohol and witch Hazel? I can't remember this mixture because I was pretty certain that was not a good idea. He says it is safe as long as the work area is clean and everything is autoclaved. I don't know if that is a good idea. Green soap just smells good anyway.

I use just regular pump type antibacterial liqiud soap 2-3-pumps in a 250ml bottle to wash down there are many different brands palmolive or dettol to name a few (not the same dettol used for stencil application)

Mac

I use just regular pump type antibacterial liqiud soap 2-3-pumps in a 250ml bottle to wash down there are many different brands palmolive or dettol to name a few (not the same dettol used for stencil application)

Mac

Is that just as safe as the green soap because it is antibacterial? Isn't green soap antimicrobial?

It has some good points but in the end .....Potentially toxic and cance causing agents. I don't get why people feel the need to be different.

Common practice has been safe and effective for generations.

Just my thoughts based on ingredients/facts.

Is that just as safe as the green soap because it is antibacterial? Isn't green soap antimicrobial?

If it was harmfull I dont think they would have been selling it for so long.

Your client goes home and has a shower with his nice new tattoo....do you tell him hes got to wash it with greensoap? I believe greensoap was made to relieve itching for people with skin disorders like scioriasis and excema. I dont even HAVE greensoap tongue.png

As for the antibacterial/antimicrobial thing I wouldnt have a clue, but maybe someone else can fill in the blanks here..............

Mac

I dont even HAVE greensoap tongue.png

Neither do I. I do the pre-stencil wash with alcohol and betadine. I wipe down with a mix of 50/50 water and witch hazel with a couple ounces of Dial antibac hand soap. I switched to this method a few years ago when a friend recommended it. I like having the witch hazel in there, it helps not only with the visible irritation (redness and swelling), I believe it helps people sit for longer on large pieces. Coincidentally, the soap I use (original brown,orange Dial) waters down to look almost just like green soap in the wash out bottle.

Also, I use the same wash to shave with after the alcohol and betadine.

Mac

ditto

green soap stinks and makes me yak

Edited by mark101

so what name brand do you use mark ? thanks for the info guys

I make my own stencil solution which '"smells" like how a tattoo shop should smell. I even put the ingredients for the mix in a post on here (even sent some to nippy needle) but I think too many people want to keep using the old stick deodorant melted down waywacko.png

Mac

savers or superdrug own brand hahaha

dettol when i find it

dettol also do a bar of soap which is good for general purpose hand CLEANING* and it also removes other stuff from a wide range of surfaces wink.png

*cleaning is highlighted for a reason

ive never seen dettol as a hand soap , or a antibac soap , guess i will have to have a look for it, thanks for chiming in everyone , and the palmolive im talkin about is green in colour and used for washin dishes , so i guess this stuff could be used ????

Edited by badseed

I make my own stencil solution which '"smells" like how a tattoo shop should smell. I even put the ingredients for the mix in a post on here (even sent some to nippy needle) but I think too many people want to keep using the old stick deodorant melted down waywacko.png

Mac

It does smell pretty fukn nice....and is very easy to work with, leaves a good crisp stencil, in addition is a perfect mixer for cheap tequila, and would make a cool deodorant...Whats not to like,,,,Pbiggrin.png

My one concern with the green soap being antimicrobial and the dish soap only being antibacterial is that is there is a virul factor the dish soap will not kill it. That is why I was curious. The antimicrobial solution will. Just like alcohol won't kill MRSA. Just say a "client" has MRSA and you are wiping them down with dish soap, does that work? And the Batadine solution makes me nervous for the sake of (and I am not positive) but isn't it a form of Iodine which is seriously poison? Wiping it on an open wound seems like it would be painful.

I don't know the answers to these questions I am just being curious. No harm, I am definately not saying you are wrong that is for sure.

I had a client last night that was doing fine until I went to wipe with Greensoap. He said it felt like I was pouring alcohol over a flesh wound. This happened every time I wiped him down. I've never had anybody react the way he did, most find the wiping with Greensoap very soothing.

Anybody else every run into this?

Wiping it on an open wound seems like it would be painful.

I don't use it once the tattoo begins. I use it to clean the area before. It's the same thing that is used to prep an area for surgery. After cleaning with betadine, I shave the area with soap and water, so there is NO betadine left on the skin when the tattoo begins.

I don't think there is anything that will kill MRSA that can be used on open wounds.

Green soap is a mild soap, with alcohol, glycerin and lavender oil in it.. Its nothing special.. lavender oil is a natural antibacterial and anti inflammatory.. its called green soap because the soap is made from vegetable oils.. hence "green".. aka organic.

That being said.. I don't use green soap.. I prep skin with alcohol or hibiclens.. stencil with dettol.. and the wash down after is Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap.. its soothing and cooling.. I never saw the point of wiping someone down with something that has alcohol in it... the whole point of the wash down is just that.. to clean them up.. if you're worried about bacteria at this stage .. its too late.. as you've been jabbing that bacteria into them for however long already if you didn't prep properly.. just my 2 cents..

I had a client last night that was doing fine until I went to wipe with Greensoap. He said it felt like I was pouring alcohol over a flesh wound. This happened every time I wiped him down. I've never had anybody react the way he did, most find the wiping with Greensoap very soothing.

Yep ... but not very often.... "Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap" .... hmmmmm... I'll be looking for some of that. I too use the Hibiclens to prep both myself and them. Good stuff.

brings me out in a rash

i take it dish soap on the other side of the pond is like washing up liquid over here?

brings me out in a rash

i take it dish soap on the other side of the pond is like washing up liquid over here?

Yea, dishwashing soap.

Hmmm, alcohol in the greensoap has got to be the culprit here. I'm going to look into Dr. Bronner's.

That was going to be my other question. There are other scented Dr. Bronner's soaps too which makes life nice. I personnally use the Almond scented one for washing. I Love that stuff. Good medicine

It does smell pretty fukn nice....and is very easy to work with, leaves a good crisp stencil, in addition is a perfect mixer for cheap tequila, and would make a cool deodorant...Whats not to like,,,,Pbiggrin.png

Hmmmmmmdry.png ........got me thinking now whether to market it as an aid for tattooists or just sell it to the jakies(down&out drunks) as something that will take the edge off their bottle of turpentine or thinners!! either way I could be onto something here nippy & thanx for trying it out (especially as a mixer!!!)laugh.png

Mac

Yeah.. Dr. Bronners comes in different scents.. even lavender if you like how greensoap smells that much.. just don't use the almond for tattooing.. nut allergies are everywhere these days.

....yeah... and allergies on your nuts is a bitch.

After I got my armpitt tattooed, he sprayed down with alcholol to be an asshole....

Trust me when I say their is a huge difference between alcohol and greensoap lol

I don't have a few clients complaining that the greensoap stings though, but to me, wiping is one of the worst parts of getting a tattoo. So I think it's a mixture of the two

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0