Long time no see.. Read more... ×
TrueJew

Ink Spitting Tubes.

I forgot to mention that I know this subject has been covered but I can't find it and I used the search option.

Rubber bands are too tight? Or the needle is too big for the tube? I'm using disposables. Going to try the goodguy supply tubes next. I have a hard time putting solid lines in sometimes unless my tube is spitting ink everywhere.

the twangy things on the front end

too much juice aswell

hliarious, mark. you never fail to amuse me.

Machine runnin outta tune....Ink type, tube size, needle size, throw, riding the tube or needle, etc etc etc...These are all factors which can contribute to Ink Splutter/Spitting. Sorry Bro, you will need ta dig deeper to find your own Personal Solution..You are correct the answers are available, just depends on how much you need them...

You need to have a little mental checklist with things like this. Check power, adjust bands, check bend on needle bar, make sure you are using the correct nozzle size for the grouping. If none of these come up trumps change your needle, and tube if necessary. Don't struggle through a tattoo when this shit is happening, take 5 minutes and sort the problem then enjoy making the tattoo.

Rubber bands are too tight? Or the needle is too big for the tube? I'm using disposables. Going to try the goodguy supply tubes next. I have a hard time putting solid lines in sometimes unless my tube is spitting ink everywhere.

... Needle too tight in the tube is what I was referring to.... Like these guys r sayin though...could b a number of things :)

C'mon.......You can check the "bands are too tight" problem by simply running the machine and taking the bands of the needle bar using your Fingers.If it stops the Splutter then problem discovered,I also think the "needle is too big for the tube" issue doesn't need much explaining.Common sense prevailing, if something "plugs" a hole then nothing comes through...Think Finger in the Dam...

I think its the tubes.... Just ran thru a bunch of trouble shooting on a tribal arm band. Ran my machine on super low voltage barely putting any power to it, needle bar was barely bent etc... and it was still spitting. I was actually starting this thread as a discussion not necessarly trying to fix my own problem. But I am having a problem lol.

loose bands would cause the needle to jump all over the place there by throwing ink, i've had bent tips that spitt like a cobra, RS's spitt a bit more than others, riding the tube puts more ink in front of the needles so there by more gets pushed out, thinner inks...duhh, have you checked how the needles are exiting the tube..if theyre firmly in place or off to the side or pointing up?

CAM TUBES SPIT FOR ME!!! I have been using tubes from a badass local supplier but I moved...Istarted work at a new busy shop and had to use CAM dispos from a head shop down the street (I know ... I know) until I got my order from kingpin. It was so bad that a half hour outline took me 1.5 because I couldnt see what I was doing. So anyway got my tubes from kingpin and they work just as good as the ones from my supplier. Dont cut corners on tubes... From what Ive noticed the tighter the fit the better when it comes to spitting.

It may be that I I had tuned my machines to work right with my supplies... but none the less I feel that CAMs shit is inferior. Peace

Sorry I didn't catch if you are using steel or disposible tubes. If you are using steel tips, and have troubleshooted through the aforementioned suggestions, perhaps you're tips need filed. Over time the friction of the needle running against the bottom of your tube will create grooves which can cause pigment to spit out. If that's not the case, they may just be of poor quality or need to be replaced.

I found disposables tubes to be wildly variable in quality but that diamond tips were less trouble than round

It is not the Tubes.. Your machine is not tuned properly for the a Volts you are running your machine at...

I had this problem when i would use a 7 liner in a 9 dimand tip dis. Tube. When it spits its because you have ink running down over the top of the needles through the extra space. if to deal with this, after you dip run the machine in a paper towl to catch the splatter but then it will stop, than continue with your line.

you want the needle sitting snug against the back of the tip when running.... u have the needle round the right way yes? .. and also could be all of what the other guys said lol

I do not disagree with anything anyone has said thus far..... but one thing I have noticed is that the majority of the time, for me at least, this is the result of the needle not riding on the bottom of the tube..... I was taught that so long as your needle is "just about" at the bottom it is "ok".... that just has NOT proven to be the case for me and the result is also messy messy spitting....

When this happens, 9 times out of 10 I can correct the error by simply bending the needle slightly at the solder point (bending the needle bar causes me problems). Now mind you, when I say slight I DO MEAN SLIGHT... too much bend WILL screw with the grouping of the needles so be careful... To be honest, I've got in the habit of bending every needle grouping now as I set up before even finding out if I'm going to have a malfunction or not.... I have not seen "spitting" in ages....