Nippyneedle

Fingernail...yep You Read Right...

Long story, the Dude lost the top third of this finger over 40 years ago, he always wanted to see what a Fingernail would look like on that digit...So, "believe it or not, this will take 2 sessions (freebie)", as soon as I hit the area, it bled, and due to the nerve endings, was pretty sensitive,LOL...We are 80% done, the "transparent White/Grey" cuticle looks a lot better when the blood isn't there, and the Nail ending isn't as Dirty as it looks...Was a cool fun piece to do, and I will post a pic 6-8 weeks from now when it is re-hit and healed...Beats doing Tribal hands down, just for the Fun Factor and Client enjoyment..P

post-9514-0-82981400-1327164905_thumb.jpg

post-9514-0-89026500-1327164941_thumb.jpg

hey nip ... that looks pretty effing real from the pic. Naturally, I didnt read the post before i stared at the picture .... and for a moment I tried to figure why one finger was so short.

I'd say you did a great job. One question though .... is it just the pic, or did you tattoo a little dirt under the nail for realism :P

LOL...80% of the Fingernail Dirt is Blood,(Trust me this bled quite a lot, but I know it will heal just as quick)I lined under the fingernail part with some very very very light Greywash, I then hit that part with Premium White, I used the same White for the "Cuticle" area, and I hit the "Nail area" with a mix of MOMS Lou and Kuro Skin ( I use these in Skin Rip designs, so know the colour mix's). Waverly Caramel and the Premium White, "mixed in the tube", took care of the sides, I had to create some depth and a shadow, (look at your own finger and you will see that it is a flat area, so some shading was needed), I also had to fatten out the nail as again, your finger is slightly fatter there than at the tip....Looks a lot clearer in the Flesh, (LOL)..Will get the finished pics up, Fingers crossed....(C'mon, I had to say it).P

Inks used, Moms Lou Skin Tone, Kuro Sumi Skin, Waverly Caramel, and Premium White.

Needle groupings, T5 Kingpin, and a 7RM Kingpin, both used in a Hepworth Liner, running at a speed to suit myself, machines have more than one use, so experiment. P

Wow, this is really cool. I'll be the client's stoked on it. I can't wait to see how it heals.

hey nip ... that looks pretty effing real from the pic. Naturally, I didnt read the post before i stared at the picture .... and for a moment I tried to figure why one finger was so short.

X2!

Hey, thanks to all, I don't post stuff, (Legal implications) in fact this is only the 2nd tattoo (if ya can call this a tattoo) I have ever posted on ink-trails...I believe we all see good and bad in designs/tattoos, it's what the artist takes from our comments that makes the difference,,,P

...Howling here... :D ...lol... das f#*%ing cool man...... I'm like Wes(looking for a tattoo) ...had to look/read twice..... def lookin' good.you can see where it got mad at you but after another set it'll be coming around.

This is fucking hilarious, brilliant and really fucking cool!! Before I read the description, I looked at the pic and thought you tattooed something on his weird fingernail. Noooooo.... you tattooed a fucking fingernail!! It looks really amazing!

Yeah it was just bare flesh and a stump. I drew the whole nail on, easything was the reference for the fingernail was close at hand ( I really got to stop this)

Something about this tattoo,, hmm, just cant quite put my finger on it..... I think u came up a bit short.... Dont worry knuckle down next session an u will nail it... Just make sure u got plenty reference on hand...

Ok im done .......