Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
night0wl

Ink Master

70 posts in this topic

Well, I don't know if this has been posted in the forum recently but anyway....

A new reality TV series called Ink Master starts January 17 2012..... Check it out...

Ink Master

i am having a mixed feelings about that series.. Pretty sure it is gonna suck and be outright wrong but...

yeah same.... It definitely can't be as bad as "Tattoo School" though!! But being a reality TV show it is not about the tattooing, it's about the entertainment! So if you try and think of it from an entertainment point of view, maybe that will help. Who knows LOL We'll know soon enough when it kicks off ;)

LMAO!!

I just checked out all the portfolios posted on the Ink Master page and yer man Brian 'B-Tat' Robinson's tattoos are just horrible.

Can't understand why he's been included in the cast if that is the best he has to offer.

Al Fliction aint as good as he thinks he is.

Think my favourite portfolios were Shane O'Neill and Tommy Helm, though I did like quite a few of the others tattoos

Could make for an interesting show.

hell no! that 'T-Bag' guy is just wrong... well. There has to be something wrong with an artist who gets on board to a show like this

If it isn't won by Shane O'Neil it's a fix......

Yeah, I'd've put him at favourite myself. Think the bookies would give decent odds on this?

I just checked out all the portfolios posted on the Ink Master page and yer man Brian 'B-Tat' Robinson's tattoos are just horrible.

Can't understand why he's been included in the cast if that is the best he has to offer.

Al Fliction aint as good as he thinks he is.

Think my favourite portfolios were Shane O'Neill and Tommy Helm, though I did like quite a few of the others tattoos

Could make for an interesting show.

Thanks for the links man... there's no way I'd have taken the time to look this crap up.... I agree. Well... as stated above there IS the "Entertainment" factor :D ... lol ...

Edited by Stoneface

I remember hearing about this and seeing that they wanted people to sign up to get tattoo. in the orginal info they said world famous artists. I figured some of the names like Guy,Beavers, ECT. from my understanding you have no control of what your getting done or where. F that if I have to be a test panel I would like some say.

Shane O'niel and Josh Woods are both putting out great work along with a few other. If that was "b-tat's" "finest work" I'm going to have to believe he was a tattoo school drop out haha.

I just watch the trailer . I love the part when the guy said umm that is not what I wanted on his calf.

I don't like all of those tattoo shows either. And ofcourse the down side is all those kids that think they can be a tattoo rockstar too.

But think about it, there's loads of people that are thinking of getting some ink themselves, that wouldn't have thought about it without this kind of shows. I mean, it helps getting some extra business too.

^ I pretty much agree... Tattoo has made a pretty huge leap into "socially acceptable" in the last 25 years or so.

Once again I find it comparable to the music industry..... Even BAD publicity is good publicity.

Nice points. Atleast its a competition, and hope to see some good pieces out of it.

I dont really watch em, ive seen a few episodes of miami/la ink. Tattoo work was great, but problem is theres only 5 mins of it an episode.

I watched tattoo wars and think its far an away the best tattoo show, because its about the tattoo process, not a soap drama.

I caught half an episode of ny ink, seems by far the most scripted an drama filled. Im in no position to judge any of the tattooers on these shows but i dont think the small amount of celebrity it offers would b enough for me to b apart of the drama/story lines.

Lol not that im tattooing at the level of corey miller or tim hendricks. Yet :)

watched it last night..wasn't bad...... Shane, Josh woods and Jeremy Miller are bad ass... the rest not so much

yup i watched it last nite too , wasnt bad , better 1 of the tattoo tv shows ive seen , that koi fish shane inked was pretty awesome , b tats , and al flictious tats suked tho ,

what the hell was b tats even doing on that show?!?!?!?!

B tat was simply their to keep miller from walking. It's a drama series. Just like next weeks advertisements with the ER there from someone passing out. I mean, that shit can happen granite. But back to back like that? It's all BS. If it was legit, there wouldn't be silly little competitions, and time limits.

They should do something like this show on dentists and surgents and such. Lot of them bitching on tattooist and piercers. While they clave and clean their shit with stuff we can not use because it's outdated. Man... Dentist touching shitloads of stuff with their gloves on, surgents who can't properly stitch someone up without leaving a nasty ass scar that we again then need to coverup...

what the hell was b tats even doing on that show?!?!?!?!

Without BAD.... one will not know GOOD. Poor guy... they used him for public education.... In no-way was he ready for an ink competition. He may have known this...who knows... There is no REAL "reality" T.V.