• Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
greyshadows

Higgins Black Magic Drawing Ink For Tattoos?

Ive been looking to try some new pig-mints :) lately and when i went to nationals site, they had their brand and then talens and HIGGINS BLACK MAGIC for their lining ink. Ive heard of stick n pokes being done with this stuff but never gave it much thought for a pro tattoo. Anyone have experience with it as a liner ink...black fill or a wash?

http://www.nationaltattoo.com/higginsblackmagicink.aspx <---------------- ??

Never used that brand but it must work ok. Ive used talens drawing ink and pelikan. Neither are made for tattooing but they work fine, hell, the talens actually says not to use it for tattooing. I imagine the higgins would be the same.

All my flash outlines and spit shading have been done with higgens and sumi black(apparently highly toxic...not to tattoo with) im pretty sure talens put that on the label to cover there asses....its funny that more of their product is likely in skin than on paper...lol.

i wonder why higgens hasnt been talked about more in the tattoo community. Then again ive only seen national carry it for tattooing... i just want to know its performance.

All my flash outlines and spit shading have been done with higgens and sumi black(apparently highly toxic...not to tattoo with) im pretty sure talens put that on the label to cover there asses....its funny that more of their product is likely in skin than on paper...lol.

i wonder why higgens hasnt been talked about more in the tattoo community. Then again ive only seen national carry it for tattooing... i just want to know its performance.

never used that ink, but i will say if anyone wants a killer black for lining or cut it down for washes then i must simply state that national tripple black is the darkest i have run across. more so than "one" and many of the other popular blacks on the market................ i wont give away the source, but i say with confidence because i have personally seen shipping manifests that NATIONAL BLACK POWDERED PIGMENT is used in most all popular professionally prepared dispersed pigments........................................................... its gotta say something to their quality.

i gotta be honest..... i loved ONE tattoo ink for a long time.... until i used waverly dark black... now for me theres no turning black... waverly is too smooth with a single pass and it doesnt heal with a single lighter tint to it... u know what i mean tattoo it hurts..... one was the only ink i literally swore by but if u can get some waverly black DO IT!!!!!

i gotta be honest..... i loved ONE tattoo ink for a long time.... until i used waverly dark black... now for me theres no turning black... waverly is too smooth with a single pass and it doesnt heal with a single lighter tint to it... u know what i mean tattoo it hurts..... one was the only ink i literally swore by but if u can get some waverly black DO IT!!!!!

interesting you mention it, but i have a bottle of waverly dark black that i keep around for tribal. for me its just a hair thicker than tripple black... but i like my liner ink to be a lil loose out the tip as i find it helps with the fine detail work of an outline...................................................... but yes waverly dark black is an awesome pigment. and like most waverly inks "SHAKE THE DAMN BOTTLE" they are all hand mixxed from powdered pigment and tend to seperate a lil faster than some.

Dermaglo, Fusion, Waverly, Easy Glo and National all very similar in their brightness, steadfastness and kick ass abilities........................

sorry dont let this HIJACK the thread.

If its too thick try two drops of distilled in you small ink cap. works wonders. Im yet to try that wavery dark black... seems to be allll the frikin rave these days.....So HIGGINS!? LOL knowone knows whatsup with that? National carries for tattooing pigment?

never used that ink, but i will say if anyone wants a killer black for lining or cut it down for washes then i must simply state that national tripple black is the darkest i have run across. more so than "one" and many of the other popular blacks on the market................ i wont give away the source, but i say with confidence because i have personally seen shipping manifests that NATIONAL BLACK POWDERED PIGMENT is used in most all popular professionally prepared dispersed pigments........................................................... its gotta say something to their quality.

I can tell you for a fact that I don't make or mix ANYTHING bought from a tattoo supplier to do what I do. Period.

I can tell you for a fact that I don't make or mix ANYTHING bought from a tattoo supplier to do what I do. Period.

BILL, i apologize if i offended or mis represented you and your company in any way........... never my intention. I have a full set of ur color and right now all i use is it and fusion. both amazing inks, but i feel "waverly" is thicker (in a good color packin way), heals better and hold its color intensity in the skin better.

***CORRECTION of SORTS***

Waverly Color Co. WAS NOT ON THE LIST of national customers

so bill "cover the world, one cap at a time."

BILL, i apologize if i offended or mis represented you and your company in any way........... never my intention. I have a full set of ur color and right now all i use is it and fusion. both amazing inks, but i feel "waverly" is thicker (in a good color packin way), heals better and hold its color intensity in the skin better.

***CORRECTION of SORTS***

Waverly Color Co. WAS NOT ON THE LIST of national customers

so bill "cover the world, one cap at a time."

I'm not offended. My intention is to keep things straight as far as the way I do things.

Thanks for your kind words!

bill

Edited by Waverlycolor