Long time no see.. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
kingfisk

Practice Skin & Reusing Supplies?

hey, almost got all my equipment, just missing the disposeble tubes & grips. i got a lot of practice skin,

and was wondering, could i reuse the same needles for more than one practice skin session?

as in, cleaning them very good in water and alcohol and setting them aside for the day after perhaps?

i imagine needles, and tubes could be reused this way?

if anyone has insight on this subject id be happy to know.

thanks in advance,

fisk.

Edited by kingfisk

sure you can reuse tubes. just scrub them good so there wont be any ink clogging up the tube.

Needles however are a different story. They get clogged very easily and go blunt after few hours of tattooing. It is hard to clean them without bricking yourself time after time and they are not sharp enough for the next session. Needles cost 0.0X$ even if you use good quality ones. So why bother?

oh and if you really want to practice with those horrible rubber pads you could also use disposable tips because there wont any bacterial flying around. You still have to scrub the grip and stem tho. You will be surprised how black a Q-tip goes when you scrub "clean" tube.

ok, thanks letaali, i will reuse the disposable grips and tubes (with cleaning them of course).

as for needles, ill just open up new ones every time, no big deal (: