Tattoo Machine

- - - - -

26 replies to this topic

ShadowInk

Pin Cushion

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Posted Image

hey guys i just wanted to get feedback or input on the eddy munster tattoo machines.. any info or advice i would appreciate as i am about to put down 200$ for the roger style shader... its originialy 250$ on eddies website.
im thinking of getting the roger style but what do you guys think about the other types??thanks

ShadowInk

Pin Cushion

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

View PostShadowInk, on 26 June 2011 - 10:54 AM, said:

Posted Image

hey guys i just wanted to get feedback or input on the eddy munster tattoo machines.. any info or advice i would appreciate as i am about to put down 200$ for the roger style shader... its originialy 250$ on eddies website.
im thinking of getting the roger style but what do you guys think about the other types??thanks
Posted Image

DirtyDovi

Ink Slinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
While I've never used an Eddy machine, I will say this..
Stand up, and extreme attention put into each piece done..
IF you end up with one of his machines, I'm sure you'll love it!

:)

Sam -

ShadowInk

Pin Cushion

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

View PostDirtyDovi, on 28 June 2011 - 09:16 PM, said:

While I've never used an Eddy machine, I will say this..
Stand up, and extreme attention put into each piece done..
IF you end up with one of his machines, I'm sure you'll love it!

Sam -
thanks for the reply..good to hear good feedback from this machines

Fabio Mendez

Ink Slinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

View PostShadowInk, on 26 June 2011 - 11:01 AM, said:

Posted Image

i wouldn't trust so much a machine where the a-bar does not cover the rear coil top entirely and the coils are shimmed with brass...

fatcount

Ink Slinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
nothing against eddy muster,the few things i heard were good if i recall correctly.but fabio is absolutely correct
website launched and content up.more to come as regularly as possible
Posted Image

ShadowInk

Pin Cushion

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

View Postfatcount, on 29 June 2011 - 04:25 PM, said:

nothing against eddy muster,the few things i heard were good if i recall correctly.but fabio is absolutely correct
dam dat just droped my hopes upp..now im undecisive on which machine to gett!!!!! help!!!im not in a shop and most reputable machines are in websites that wont sell...jeez i wana get a good machine for 200-250$!!!

shat

Pin Cushion

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
firstly, pay up and become a full member.. then hit the marketplace section where you're sure to find a quality machine

ShadowInk

Pin Cushion

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
yea your right

DirtyDovi

Ink Slinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
1st GREAT advise about grabbing a 'primo membership'!
You'll get thousands of times what the up-front-cost is in advise, help, info, etc..
(I should have mentioned that from the get-go)

2nd I dropped in, and dropped Eddy a note that this thread popped up..
Hopefully, he'll be 'in' to explain the different set-ups first hand.

Since I'm by NO means a builder of 'coil-based' machines,
I'll completely stay out of the do's / don'ts, or pros / cons (mentioned above)
That is best left up to the people that build this type of setup.

Hopefully, you'll get some more info soon..

Sam -

Eddymunster

Shop Groupie

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Well let's talk about that Green Koffin Machine 1st That's the one off of NeedleJig.com, I made that machine For a customer, and He Did not Pay up so I sent it to my Dist., I have made this customer machines in the past and that's how he likes it set up, The Brass washers are Steel washers that are spray painted Brass to match the real brass washers on the Machine Binders,but they are steel washers like the ones in the photo attached here. Fabio has a point here Builders need to use Steel Washers to help retain the magnetic Field with the Coils and Frame if it's Steel, now if's it's Brass or a non conductive magnetic Metal such as Brass and Stainless a Yoke is a Must to Keep the Magnetic Field Between the Coils, and 2nd I agree with Fabio on the Arm Bar, is far forward but The gentlemen I made that machine for likes them that way, and there are a few artists out there who like their Machines Built the way they like it. I should have reset that arm bar back before I sent it to Marc at Needlejig, but hey Some artist might like it that way. if you take a look at my facebook, and see my other Machines that I built and the artist's who use them and like them. But Hey I try my best when it comes to my products, but I can't Please Everyone, and everyone has their Opinion's on how a machine is built .
Well Everyone thanks for listening
Posted Image
and thanks Dirty D, for giving me the Heads up

Edited by Eddymunster, 01 July 2011 - 08:56 AM.

fatcount

Ink Slinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
hey eddy.know where i can ge some shims? lol,jk.verry much appreciate ud pay a membership just to come and address this.very cool, as its not like u were being flamed or anything.shows me u probably have good customer service.u should stick around.atleast in builders corner.if not any other forum ud find interesting.welcome on board

bless

g
Posted Image

Eddymunster

Shop Groupie

• Pip
  • 7 posts
thanks bud, I have lot's of shims, I just got a 25 lb asst. box of them. and I try to do what I can for my Customers. I hope I helped clear the issue

fatcount

Ink Slinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
absolutely did in my mind.im sure how u could see the confusion could have occured as we all assumed were talking about a top name,and then a reference that looks "off" just sparked a bit of convo,as there are many builders here.and as we all know,whatever works,but certain things like non ferous metals without a yoke are a no no,and things like rear gap placement obviously are subjective to personaal taste.deff cleared up to me.

25 pds.jees.all one size?i wouldnt even know where to go for 25 pounds,and i have a feeling it would last me my lifetime.probably smart tho as shims are ridiculously over priced. thanks for the chime in and clearing everything up,and for the info as well

bless

g
Posted Image

Eddymunster

Shop Groupie

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hey G, it's asst. shim thickness's My fam. have a hardware, and I got all my hardware in in bulk that pic. is one size the box has four diffrent sizes in it, if you ever need hardware at a good price, let me know, I sell to other builders. and I like this site, I have been checking it out for a few hours now. I and think it would be great to talk to others about machines and ideas. I am glad I'm here now, thanks for contacting me about it

Nippyneedle

Ink Slinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,998 posts
Apart from all of the above, I like a machine with a wee bit of front spring tension, (helps the bounce),,,,,,and I do like that color of green.....:rolleyes:

fatcount

Ink Slinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
thats awsome eddy.thats quite the assortment.good position to be in.id love to hit u up next time i need something. ill hit u in same pm,as that way ur box wont get as cluttered,cause i promise it will with only 50 pm load,but theres a button top left to save to ur email before erasin when u do need new space.will deff hit u up.hopefully will be mutually beneficial,and aint nothing better then keeping money in the tattoo community.especially people doing things directly for other people as oppossed to suppliers.not that those arent great too.one of my best friends does that,and believe me hes there to help builders as well too.even tho we all gotta eat.that parts understood by all thoughtful respectful artists,and most are happy to abide.other then that tiny percent that charge u 30 bucks for shipping for ordering an a bar for example.that we could do without.that is why i always say try and make ur orders worth it.but not always possible.we will deff speak more on the subject.and appreciate the heads up/offer very much. will stay in touch for sure

bless

g

Edited by fatcount, 01 July 2011 - 12:30 PM.

Posted Image

Eddymunster

Shop Groupie

• Pip
  • 7 posts
30.00 for shipping is for international with tracking, I have to track ing but if you want a small order I would go international flat rate and it's 10.00

voodoo2

Ink Slinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts
What ya selling your shims for? Like a kit of 'em?
Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.
Benjamin Franklin

1rottie1

Ink Slinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
hey eddy!!!!!!!!! its rottie man..... welcome aboard bro!!!!!!!!!! :)
We the willing, lead by the unknowing, have done so much with so little, for so long. That we can do anything with nothing...