Long time no see.. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ms Charlie Brown

Hi Everyone

Hey everyone, I stumbled across this site when I found the thread about tattooing on pig skin a few weeks ago. Finally this week I got hold of some pig and started practicing. I used a liner (3RL+RT3) and thickened up the lines, however they're a bit uneven so I imagine that with practice and perhaps using a thicker needle it would of looked better? Also after a while the pig skin seemed to be more susceptible to getting ink in crevasses and looking dirty, does other people find this. Oh and also my tattoo equipment seemed to slow down and stop sometimes and then come back strong, it was like it didn't like being held up? weird anyway sure I have it tuned wrong or something which I will investigate on this site. Thought it would be nice to show where I am at and to post my stuff up as I learn about tattooing and hopefully get some feedback and tips.

See you around, Cheers

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

looks pretty sweet. I've been practiceing on pig ears myself for a while now but by the looks of it you have an entire slab of skin. pig ears are nice but the curves on them can restrict how much room you have. if you dont mind me asking where do you order your pig from and what exactly do you ask them for when you order it? i want to try some larger pieces for practice but the ears are getting to smallfor my imagination haha

looks pretty sweet. I've been practiceing on pig ears myself for a while now but by the looks of it you have an entire slab of skin. pig ears are nice but the curves on them can restrict how much room you have. if you dont mind me asking where do you order your pig from and what exactly do you ask them for when you order it? i want to try some larger pieces for practice but the ears are getting to smallfor my imagination haha

Hey Anarchy Ink, I live in Melbourne, Australia and they stock pig skin sheets frozen (probably for crackling?). They only cost $1 a sheet and don't have the fat on them so I guess its more clean to use. I just went into my local butcher and asked them about pig skin...I will try out pig ears soon since they should be good to practice on a more awkward shape, but I guess I could wrap these sheets around a tube or something for this effect also. (BTW the dark brown sheet was smoked and the guy just gave it to me as he was throwing it out when I fist enquired about the skin - it was a bit to tough to stencil and tattoo so I just used the bit that wasn't smoked, usually they sheets are about the size of A4 paper) Cheers

Edited by Ms Charlie Brown

Hey Anarchy Ink, I live in Melbourne, Australia and they stock pig skin sheets frozen (probably for crackling?). They only cost $1 a sheet and don't have the fat on them so I guess its more clean to use. I just went into my local butcher and asked them about pig skin...I will try out pig ears soon since they should be good to practice on a more awkward shape, but I guess I could wrap these sheets around a tube or something for this effect also. (BTW the dark brown sheet was smoked and the guy just gave it to me as he was throwing it out when I fist enquired about the skin - it was a bit to tough to stencil and tattoo so I just used the bit that wasn't smoked, usually they sheets are about the size of A4 paper) Cheers

The skin lokks nice and smooth without any butcher machine marks where the whiped ink gets stuck in make the whole tning messy...............

looks good is what i,m tryin to say......Dutchie