draize

Whats Your Hobby?

61 posts in this topic

I was big into djing for a long time. Not nearly as long as art, which is why I decided a couple years ago that the music was cutting into my art career a bit much. Still own all the equipment and a shit ton of records and mp3s, but I just can't spend the time, energy, or money on it anyways. My biggest claim to fame in all of that was opening for Spinderella of Salt N' Peppa a few years back.

When i'm not working, i'm fishing! :lol:

167069_121504304588814_100001877360965_152736_5125600_n.jpg

163026_118093441596567_100001877360965_134716_2453869_n.jpg

198455_132352466837331_100001877360965_211095_7822474_n.jpg

Whole bunch of random stuff.....fly tying and fly fishing,especially night fly fishing for sea trout....engineering,welding,metalwork....landrovers.....old heavy good vehicles....caravan/trailers....not so much shooting as I used to,but some....gundogs.....farming and country skills,like coppicing and hedging....some butchery and meatwork.....guitar and drums....dj'ing VERY occasionally these days....

....list goes on for ever,never a dull moment.Excruciatingly painful,frustrating,confusing,difficult,exultant,depressing,wonderful.....yes.But not dull.And yes...guns ARE great.

Masturbation, but I plan on turning pro! LOL

can't believe no-body else bit on this... looks like it's up to me!!! :rolleyes:

post-13655-0-44266700-1306405390_thumb.jpgpost-13655-0-42362700-1306405393_thumb.jpg

Just as a side-bar: my hobbies include dirt-bikes, horses, water-skiing & annoying my kids (i'm quite good at the later!!)

i used to dj in london for ten years...ministry , pacha and all the well known clubs....even released two records ....still fighting the record label for royalties etc :angry:

but ive hung up my headphones and now i just play the guitar..

other than that no time for hobbies.....as tattooing and my art/machine building is my main hobby/passion/way of life

Just got my blueprints in to build this badboy in 1/5th scale........I have a nice 26cc inboard motor for it :D

post-2695-0-16441800-1306604519_thumb.jpg

can't believe no-body else bit on this... looks like it's up to me!!! :rolleyes:

post-13655-0-44266700-1306405390_thumb.jpgpost-13655-0-42362700-1306405393_thumb.jpg

Just as a side-bar: my hobbies include dirt-bikes, horses, water-skiing & annoying my kids (i'm quite good at the later!!)

Ha....I probably almost made cats go extinct :P

My 'hobbies' are better seen than described..

http://www.myspace.com/crowncitycustoms

I am a custom designer / fabricator / etc..

*Jack of all trades, master of 'some'. :D

I'm currently finishing up a Fiero.

*Motor re-build.. *Paint later..

After that.. Back to my "Death-Trap" chopper..

*Top Secret!

:)

Sam -

I garden. Right now I have carrots, cucumbers, jalapenos, sunflowers (one is over 8ft tall, and still going up), tomatos, pumpkins, green onions, catnip, mint, and rosemary. I also have a lemon tree and a satsuma tree, an old woman of peru cactus, and two other succulents I can't remember the name of.

wimGP.jpg

Next year we're going to try to crossbreed bell and jalapenos, for shits and giggles. Big jalapenos, and spicy bells.

I study MMA, Muay Thai and instruct Arnis (Filipino Stick Fighting, 2nd Dan Black Belt).

I am also a full time musician (singer/guitarist) and love Motorbike riding, Airbrushing, fishing, boating and occasionally coming to this forum :P

Roller Derby! I just love it. But I'm not good at playing it so right now I'm a referee in a local league. My word is the law, yeah! B) Also I like hang out with my two rabbits but they don't like hanging around, they just like to jump on me and eat all my things. And then they run around the house and eat little bit more of my drawings/books/etc. But they're so cute that you can't even be mad at those little bunnies. Hmm.. what else... I like to read comics and stuff like that. Oh, and street art is the love of my life!

a hobby tread! hadn't noticed this.

mussukka, i just heard about roller derby last weekend from my friend and it sounds crazy.

i used to thai box too, it was fun, specially the kicking!

i walk a lot, mostly in the woods wiht my dog. walking solves all your problems. read thoreau, he knew :)

Just picked up a new olympus digital camera for my wife.......so maybe photography???...hehe

post-2695-0-43060700-1315780965_thumb.jpg

I love flying, started working on my private pilot certificate last year, but had to stop due to money reasons. I am hoping to get back to it soon! Dirtbikes/woodsriding are another of my favs! I love archery hunting for deer and duck hunting as well.

Drawing ,,, Coaching the Kids sports,,,

I study MMA, Muay Thai and instruct Arnis (Filipino Stick Fighting, 2nd Dan Black Belt).

I am also a full time musician (singer/guitarist) and love Motorbike riding, Airbrushing, fishing, boating and occasionally coming to this forum :P

How is Arnis ? What's the difference between Arnis, Kali, and Escrima? I've been super interested in the Filipino Martial arts, do you happen to know of any good 'schools/instructors' in Southern California?

11009020.jpg

121209060.jpg

70609018.jpg

13109014.jpg

70609013.jpg

Hey Deucalion - just wondering - are these guys Lace Monitors? They look like goanna's but I'm not certain? Very nice either way!!

Hey Deucalion - just wondering - are these guys Lace Monitors? They look like goanna's but I'm not certain? Very nice either way!!

Two Argus Monitors (New Guinea) and one Blackthroat Monitor (Africa).

Oh I also grow chiles :wub:

I also know TONS of people who grow chiles as a hobby. I by all means love spicy food and can be known to enjoy a nice,crisp, garden-fresh chile frequently. I just hate when I go to one of my buddys house's and his mom will offer me something to eat and his dad *another chile-growing enthusiast* thinks its funny to find the spiciest chile he can in his garden and embed it into my food and watch my unsuspecting, carefree face & ears turn red, my forehead start sweating and my eyes to open as wide as a scared deer in the headlights kinda like this lol ----> :rolleyes:

a lil embarased to put this on here but to hell with it! i paint movieverse transformers!!go micheal bay!!!

Drawing, shooting ( I'm kind of good with my m4 with an acog ) nerdy stuff, getting tattoos ( its an expensive hobby ), snowboarding, dirt bikes. I don't have time for a lot of stuff cause I'm always at work and if I'm not at work I'm at home with the wife and baby girl trying to spend as much time as them as I can before going to the sandbox.

Snowboarding.. mainly at Cas-vagas. my local fridge. Just getting back in to it after nearly breaking my hip boardsliding down a handrail. I have damaged the cartilage tho :(

Longboard skateboarding.. usually just downhill runs. 40-50mph on a skateboard is great fun.

and I play a nice Ibanez 7 string guitar in a couple of bands.