draize

Whats Your Hobby?

61 posts in this topic

I am a hobby bladesmith.

DSCN4687.jpg

Painting and drawing (duh?!), "]motorcycling, play drums, some form of photographing..

Oh and if you are into some carpentry I made a guitar way back in 2006. It is all in Finnish I'm afraid but you can see the pictures. There is some 170 work in progress pics.

Edited by letaali

motorbikes, boxing/mma/ufc, collecting skulls

heres a small collection of my skulls (i got over 100)

72414701.jpg

my current ride, though its for sale as im getting something bigger and bulkier...still a chop though. just not old 70s skinny chop anymore.

side1e.jpg

mainb.jpg

Edited by Relentless_Irons

Used to be Thai boxing, I played drums for about 8years but I took a brake from it, Right now all I do is draw paint and go to the gym.

So Jonny you were in an industrial band playing brake drums.

I played in quite a few bands non of them really got further than a few small pubs and social clubs, we would mainly just play slayer and sepultura covers, I was about 17 at the time and I was obsessed with fast double bass drumming, I would get really hyper before gigs and play stuff speeded up like most bands do I ended up falling out with the bass player and that was it.

After that I just messed about in punk bands with my friends, It was more fun playing stuff like black flag and chocking victim. then when I moved out I could not take my drums with me, I just started to listening to anything I liked instead of just staying in the metal scene, I got sick of the elitist attitudes, and the negativity I think that pushed me away from it.

I'd like to get back into drumming, I did play some break beat stuff, I really liked this drummer Johnny rabb he does allot of breaks and drum n bass on an acoustic kit

I think that got me into house music, garage and drum n bass. I just listen to what ever I feel like now I like to listen to mixes when I'm painting usually some weird house music it just helps me focus more.

my hobby is swimming, and drawing of course... i'm not so much a painter guy, i like more to draw than paint the stuff that i draw....

166803_193939540632314_100000488074466_712160_7885255_n.jpg

me and my girlfriend

motorbikes, boxing/mma/ufc, collecting skulls

heres a small collection of my skulls (i got over 100)

72414701.jpg

my current ride, though its for sale as im getting something bigger and bulkier...still a chop though. just not old 70s skinny chop anymore.

side1e.jpg

mainb.jpg

allso a funny thing.. i collect skulls too.. only real ones. like animals mostly....

whats that bike? bsa? i just love that old junk.. like REAL morors that were made back in the day

its a honda cb 250 engine, custom made frame etc so its registerd as a cb 250 from 1979 i think the engine is from.

i got a few taxidermy skulls aswell, next on my list is a shark preserved in a jar... well any animal preserved lol a baby shark one looks awesome but dont come up that often... well in my price range. ebay has loads of taxidermy stuff though. but i guess in the us you can shoot and skin your own lol, was gonna put a rams skull on the bike... might put it on the bike if i can find a place to mount it

allso a funny thing.. i collect skulls too.. only real ones. like animals mostly....

whats that bike? bsa? i just love that old junk.. like REAL morors that were made back in the day

ive got a human skull

Me too.. (wait for it, WAIT for it). My own muhahahhahhhaaa :ph34r:

Yo Don i don't know if it's just me but in that photo your GF looks like a mindless zombie. Is she staring weirdly up right or is it just some reflection from the glasses? Anyhow she is cute and you two look good together.

Relentless. Are you competing in MMA? I love MMA! It is the only sport I can stomach to watch. I would love to start going to MMA practices but I can't because of my job (shiftwork).

Oh I also grow chiles :wub:

Edited by letaali

chiles is a random thing to grow bud :lol:

i dont compete mate, i used to as a teenager in undergound events mainly held in backyards but of course i didnt make any money on it as i had none to bet and fighters werent paid :lol: was more of a hobby to be honest, started out by me being forced into it by some gypsy kids dad... me and his son didnt get on so he locked us in his garden and made us fight then called it off after about 20 seconds of me pounding on his son (who was twice my size) so i kinda went from there where the adults hosted it, bet and made money and the fighters got fook all apart from pride lol. never forget that 1st one though where i was locked in his garden.. i let him hit me 3-4 times before i faught back because i felt really bad for the kid... his mum died not long before and i really didnt wanna hit him lol but i had no choice since it was me, him and his dad locked on his own property. i didnt even know i could fight to be honest he was twice my size and 2yrs older than me, iv never fought before either and only had a few months worth of tae kwondo behind me but it was pretty cool once it was over lol i had no idea i could take a punch without being botherd and had no idea i could actually throw and land hard punches either haha im small as fuck so i wasnt a bully or nothing and never looked for fights but apparently i got alot of power behind my small arms :lol: i fought in total maybe 8-9 times and only lost once so didnt do to bad. i did a bit of boxing since then and might get into karate now iv moved to a new city (my father in law used to be a karate instructor and came 3rd i think in the worlds karate championship, he went over to usa to compete and my sis in law was in guiness book of records for youngest black belt in the world) so thinking of asking him to give me some lessons then bulking up a bit and enter some local tournaments and go from there. id love to get back into it but im way to out of shape now lol i can barely run for 3 mins without stopping lol need to quit smoking aswell :lol:

You should get into Thai boxing. the fights are allot more interesting than mma, as its all stand up mma stand up is usually messy Thai boxing, I like mma till it goes to the ground then it just looks like what probably goes off in the showers of American prisons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLIAY0riBEQ

this is what started it for me, I used to train 4 days a week but no way am I working 12 14 hour days then going to boxing, I'll stick to lifting weights.

Masturbation, but I plan on turning pro! LOL

You should get into Thai boxing. the fights are allot more interesting than mma, as its all stand up mma stand up is usually messy Thai boxing, I like mma till it goes to the ground then it just looks like what probably goes off in the showers of American prisons.

this is what started it for me, I used to train 4 days a week but no way am I working 12 14 hour days then going to boxing, I'll stick to lifting weights.

bro ur nuts. i used to do karate like a maniac as a kid,had my purple belt by 11 (when i stopped,im such a fucking idiot) also took tae kwon do for a bit.enjoyed learning new kicks and shit.it helped for sure in best out of 3 point contact karate tournaments to be able to throw a kick that ur opponents not seen before.that was my hobby.now other then my building and tattooing hobby,i compose and produce music.but as far as ur point goes.yes everyone90+% would like to see a fight end on the feet with a savage knockout.always great for a higlight reel.as far as the american prison statement,while lol,iis crazy.with the prevalence of jiu jitsu in mma now.ground fights can be just as exciting the stand up fights when a. the viewer knows what hes lookiing for,and b. u have two good jiu jitsu practicioners on the ground.u have to be more skilled on the ground to not get subed by a word class jiu jitsu practicioner then to not get knocked out by a world class striker.as you have a CHANCE of staying away from a striker for 5 mins,if u and a world class sub arttist are on the ground there is no way ur not tapping,going to sleep.or if ur tough as nails and dont give a fuck,getting something snapped. my 2 cents for what its worth,as ive now not studied more then half of my life.stopped training before i was even an adult.but do know a fair bit about about mma simply cause i follow and can naturally grasp some of the subtleties in my mind.

bless

g

Edited by fatcount

I wish I had time for a hobby!

I build and shoot custom AR-15's and 1911's. I also do alot of competitive shooting. 3 gun, tactical, and long range stuff. Guns are great.

iv looked into thai boxing and kick boxing but never found a place local to me since i didnt drive until a year ago. when i work the bag i tend to throw in a bit of everything lol so always using elbows and shins like thai boxing but man there shins gotta be made of rocks lol, i love all aspects of fighting especially the grappling and technical side of it, my friend did ju jitsu so he always teaching me pressure points and arm locks etc... tell you what he learnt more in a week that i did in 3 months at tae kwon do. ju jitsu is deff intresting. once the lil one is older and i got more free time il deff get back into martial arts and getting in shape all over again :lol:

ive got a human skull

i once had a piece of human skull,i was planning to make somekinda pendants from it but then it got lost. i was a undertaker at the time.

one skull was for sale here. think it was something like 700€.

well actually i have human skull,but i kinda "need" it myself :D

"Dang I need money bra like really quick!"

"Well, sell your skull stupid.."

Relentless, what do you mean by chiles being random thing?

iv looked into thai boxing and kick boxing but never found a place local to me since i didnt drive until a year ago. when i work the bag i tend to throw in a bit of everything lol so always using elbows and shins like thai boxing but man there shins gotta be made of rocks lol, i love all aspects of fighting especially the grappling and technical side of it, my friend did ju jitsu so he always teaching me pressure points and arm locks etc... tell you what he learnt more in a week that i did in 3 months at tae kwon do. ju jitsu is deff intresting. once the lil one is older and i got more free time il deff get back into martial arts and getting in shape all over again :lol:

Be good to your hands! I boxed off and on for about 13 years, and I quit a couple of years ago bc it got to where a long day of tattooing was killing my hands from all of the old injuries.

bit late for that lol i got dents all over knuckles :lol: i used to punch concrete blocks and do sit ups with weights on my stomach then drop a weight from above 12" onto my stomach. it worked well my stomach used to be ripped as hell but then i tried bulking out and got a bit of a beer belly haha

I've gone though a number of hobbies. These days, it seems like tattooing is a hobby. LOL :)

Presently I'm playing bass with a bunch of guys that I also go rock climbing with. How's that for meta? I like building things, welding, sculpture... stuff like that. I've had motorcycles for fun and commuting, bicycles for the same. I used to skateboard with a few old pro competitors although I sucked. You know... just stuff. :)

Agreed man. I started doing BJJ and Muay Thai and fell in love with Muay Thai.