Long time no see.. Read more... ×
J.J. Flash

*** Please Read!**** Subscription/membership Issues

The module that handles subscriptions was upgraded and there's some issues members are experiencing:

1) Membership packages show out of stock.

2) Some members, potentially those with monthly subscriptions are no longer Full Members. Not sure but could be an issue with automatic renewals.

I have currently a support ticket open. Thanks for your patience!

Please post any issues you are having here.

Yes, PM messages are part of paying membership as well. Unfortunately this happened on a weekend when support is not very responsive. I'll get it sorted out one way or another in the next few...Hold fast!

mine is still not working and just received THIRD e-mail telling me to pay the monthly subscription.. already payed twice

i would like to purchase a monthly membership to trie it out

cant get to buy it?

maybe admin can send me a paypallrequest or a mail?

jacksteelmachines@hotmail.com

thanks!

Letaali should be a permanent member by now. He's been here long enough, contributing to the forum paying monthly dues that he should just be converted and be done with it.

I'll keep the update short as I am still trying to figure out how to resolve the issue as it's kind of a bitch.

What Happened: In order to keep things current, we upgraded the system that handles subscriptions to a newer system. Long story short, there were bugs that were not hammered out in this subscription software and basically most monthly (and possibly some yearly) subscriptions expired as the internal system wasn't receiving Paypal instant payment notifications (IPNs) during the last week(s). That being said, there is no easy fix.

What's Next: Since subscriptions are established in Paypal I was told that if you had a recurring monthly subscription, when the next payment is due/sent access to paid forums should be restored as normal. As for those who have paid and lost access, I have a dilemma. Support said I would need to manually/individually change expiration dates in each member account that has an expired subscription. I am not entirely sure how many members this affects, but it could easily be in the THOUSANDS. As one person behind the scenes, this is just not realistic...

Here's what you can do:

1) If you paid for a monthly subscription and are locked out, cut me a break and either wait for your next subscription payment to hit for access to be restored -OR- go to Paypal, cancel your current subscription and then sign up for a new one.

2) If you had a yearly subscription that expired (or just want , forward your Paypal confirmation email (or details including transaction ID, display name, email address used for payment) to feedback (at) ink-trails (dot) com and I'll manually make the changes to restore access based on your subscription date.

*** Whew...now if you aren't interested in my pity party you can stop reading here. ***

Few people know how much trouble running this ever-expanding community is. Some days I feel overwhelmed at the size and scope of what this site has become. Anytime a user has an issue with access or questions about browser compatibility, they email me. Anytime the the site needs upgrades, temporarily goes offline, or requires any type of maintenance I have to address the issue. And just so you know, I am not a super technical, programmer guy. So anytime stuff has to be done, I rely on the support of those I contract to assist. Which is why these issues can take a while to resolve. Simply put, running a website of this size 'aint glamorous or easy. It's actually kind of a burden at times (and costly too).

As I said above, if you can live with the loss of $2 for the sake of my sanity I'd really appreciate it. If not, I'll refund you any payments you lost (with supporting evidence). I'd also ask that if you have a monthly subscription, think about a lifetime. Over the course of a year, you'll spend $24 on a monthly subscription, when a lifetime is only $20. This experience has also made me question whether I should have monthly subs. as they can be quite a hassle to process and manage. Not sure if I will keep offering them moving forward.

That's all for now. Post your comments, feedback, praise and/or scorn (provided it's civil).

Now it's back to the daily grind.

i would like to purchase a monthly membership to trie it out

cant get to buy it?

maybe admin can send me a paypallrequest or a mail?

jacksteelmachines@hotmail.com

thanks!

There's still a bug for purchasing NEW subscriptions I am hoping to have ironed out in the next few to address this issue. In the meantime, hold fast.

Also, I just tried to manually adjust a subscription expiry date (so the member would be active) and it didn't upgrade the account. Another support ticket has been issued :(

Thanks. Much appreciated. Still waiting for my support ticket to be answered fully to determine how to address manual upgrade...

Oh, and MAKE SURE you monthly subscription is canceled in Paypal otherwise you could be charged again! Instructions are located here:

http://forum.ink-trails.com/index.php?/topic/9861-how-to-cancel-your-subscription/

Please see the post above for details on resolution to this issue:

Basically we had a software issue where Paypal and the internal subscription software wasn't communicating properly and some memberships expired when in fact payment had been made. You can read the full version of what happened here and decide what you want to do next:

http://forum.ink-trails.com/index.php?/topic/20946-please-read-subscriptionmembership-issues/page__view__findpost__p__238041

Thanks for your understanding.

i got a year membership yesterday, and it's not letting me into some of the members only area, nor can i even view my own profile, it keeps giving me this message:

"[#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles."

i got a year membership yesterday, and it's not letting me into some of the members only area, nor can i even view my own profile, it keeps giving me this message:

"[#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles."

Please send/forward the paypal confirmation email with transaction ID, email used, member name etc. (send to the email specified above).

once again i am out of membership.. this time I would like something done to it because I´ve payed lifetime fee..

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE DO SOMETHING! I am starting to get frustrated on this matter. Cant even send PM to J.J about this thing. Can someone PM him and say that Letaali would love to get something back for his 20$..

I cancelled my old subscription, started a new a week or two ago and then they just sent me an e-mail saying I'm do for payment again....?

Dave check your subscriptions in Paypal, that's the way to be sure you don't have two subs.

I paid for my yearly membership last week and my credit card was debited. I also received an email from inktrails after paying saying that payment had been accepted.

The next day I was issued another email saying I needed to pay for the renewal of my membership, which made no sense because I had just done that and was told it had been accepted.

I sent an email to the feedback@ink-trails.com address two days ago but haven't heard anything back.

Can someone check this out for me?