• Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
dirtnail

Still Messing With Them Roses...

hi people, due to personal circumstances i havent been able to do as much paint training as i'd like but managed to finish a few more roses...

starting to get sick of them now so it's time to move on to other subjects :)

- tried some liquid inks for coloring with these ones but dont realy like them... the ones i used (talens) didnt seem to bleed that well. mixing them with watercolor worked better but i have to say i prefer plain watercolors for now.

- also, when shading i noticed that i found pushing ink from the inked area into the wet area to work better for me that pulling it... dont know why but going to experiment some more with it.

- should add the coffee stains last, if i want them at all... painting over coffee sucks and i cant say i realy like the look of "coffeed"colors.

- and i have to stay away from colors! atleast for now :) the roses looked much better before i started painting the leaves...

well here goes...

5274429004_8996620ea6.jpg

These are your best ones. Do every painting you do just like this.

Sometimes I think I get the easiest blends on paper that is coffee stained. But I use multiple techniques of staining with coffee. And Each one gives different results. I never add coffee last it always works out horrible for me. There are other staining techniques that work best for being applied after the painting is finished.

The two on the left look the best to me as far as colors are concerned, but your linework is still lacking that romantic rose-like shape and flow. I think much of has to do with the heart/bud of the rose to help define its shape.