TattooTy

Airline Rules About Traveling With Tattoo Equipment

18 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the procedures/rules for traveling on an airline with tattoo equipment?

post it to where your going

saves a lot of headaches

Check it in your luggage. Include a basic note that reads "this is tattoo equipment" on top of it all. Inventory the contents of your luggage and include a copy inside as well as hand-carry one so you can double-check when you reach your destination.

carry on your machines.. unless you never want to see them again.

I feel better shipping them to the destination via UPS, USPS etc....get'em when ya get there.

Would you mind posting the rules anyway Tattoo TY? would be interested to find out

I've taken my gear on flights, just mentioned that I had needles in my luggage - which wasn't hand luggage anyway. I'm not sure if they are even aloud to ask what the needles are for? I could see people screaming discrimination with that kinda shit.

But anyway, I had no trouble, but that was only to the mainland. No idea about international

oh and I would take my Machines as Hand luggage now a days since my Upgrade :P

Just had my check-in bag opened (not in my presence),presumably as I had some morse keys and machine frames in there and they confused the X-ray guy....internal UK flight.

Just bumping this to ask if anyone has had any experience flying in and out of the UK with tattoo machines in hand luggage on Ryanair.... ?

Last trip over, they took my laptop and scanned it 'n' stuff...

Don't want my things tampered with...

I just traveled with my equipment. No questions asked.

My machines were in my carryon, everything else in luggage. No problem

I'd like to see you take control of a plane with a tapered 9 Mag

I'd like to see you take control of a plane with a tapered 9 Mag

Meh. I once took control of a commuter train with a bratwurst and a postage stamp. A passenger plane...I'd use a 3RL.

B)

passanger planes are low tech,used a 9rs,1"grip(no gorilla)and a rubber band!!yes i wore gloves!(black latex) :P

id be concerned about my inks freezing in luggage

i tried to fly with gear once. they wouldn't let me. ended up having to ship it express and catch a later flight. something about the gear can't be disassembled. ghey.

I was in NYC for a convention last year and bought a machine while there. Had no problems with it in my carry-on. The security in NYC wanted to see it because they had no idea what it was on the x-ray, then everything was ok. Had a connecting flight in Montreal where they x-rayed my carry-on again and the operator knew what it was and asked if it was a machine, I said yes and they didn't ask me to open my bag or anything.

id be concerned about my inks freezing in luggage
put your inks in a box with some of those instant hand warmers that you crack to activate