Long time no see.. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
hipknotic

Personal Cleansing Washcloths

I have this combat medic friend here on base with me and he told me that he can hook me up with a lot of supplies. One in particular is a case of "Personal Cleansing Washcloths" and he tells me that this is what medics use when cleaning a wound and what not. Im hesitant to try something like this and cause more damage to a tattoo, so I was just wanting to know what everyone thinks before I agree to using something like this.

Here are the ingredients....

Water, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylates crosspolymer, Parfum, Prunus Amygdalus Dilcis (Sweet Almond Oil), Aloe Barbadensis, Methylparaben, 2-Bromo-2-nitropropane-1, 3-diol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethrylparaben, Propylaparaben

Thanks!

-Alex

post-20017-068294700 1285009114_thumb.jpg

I have this combat medic friend here on base with me and he told me that he can hook me up with a lot of supplies. One in particular is a case of "Personal Cleansing Washcloths" and he tells me that this is what medics use when cleaning a wound and what not. Im hesitant to try something like this and cause more damage to a tattoo, so I was just wanting to know what everyone thinks before I agree to using something like this.

Here are the ingredients....

Water, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylates crosspolymer, Parfum, Prunus Amygdalus Dilcis (Sweet Almond Oil), Aloe Barbadensis, Methylparaben, 2-Bromo-2-nitropropane-1, 3-diol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethrylparaben, Propylaparaben

Thanks!

-Alex

Here is the backside...

post-20017-033764600 1285009535_thumb.jpg

Seems like a lot of unnecessary chemicals and what not.. just use a paper towel and some green soap or dr. bronners..

plus these things have almond oil in them? could be a dangerous thing if you get someone with a nut allergy..

I was thinking the same thing. I normally use a paper towel with distilled water, but saw this an opportunity to maybe improve on something, but I guess not. Thanks for the advice!

-Alex

I was thinking the same thing. I normally use a paper towel with distilled water, but saw this an opportunity to maybe improve on something, but I guess not. Thanks for the advice!

-Alex

I use the tattoo wipes with green soap from worldwide tattoo. They fricken rock. I hate having sprays and bottles, so these are perfect. If I am using then on a long procedure, I add additional green soap from a pump before hand to make them a little more moist. I intro'd my inspector to them and she also now recommends them to other studios. I make sure to tell my clients that they are not babywipes, tho, so they do not go out and buy a pack for aftercare. doh!

I have tried those Tat2Rx wipes and they are shit. They are way too saturated (dripping) right out of the package and they contain lavender oil. I only used them on two clients, both of which said they made their tattoos burn. I called Tatsoul and they tried to reach the manufacturer, whom after a month and a half still hadn't returned their call. Tatsoul told me to just keep the unused packages of wipes and gave me an online credit.

i agree way too much extra stuff in there.. water and a lil bit of dial do the trick for me ..

i tried using baby wipes once....BIIIIGGGG fukin mess, so i stick to paper towels & water or green soap.