Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hipknotic

Personal Cleansing Washcloths

12 posts in this topic

I have this combat medic friend here on base with me and he told me that he can hook me up with a lot of supplies. One in particular is a case of "Personal Cleansing Washcloths" and he tells me that this is what medics use when cleaning a wound and what not. Im hesitant to try something like this and cause more damage to a tattoo, so I was just wanting to know what everyone thinks before I agree to using something like this.

Here are the ingredients....

Water, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylates crosspolymer, Parfum, Prunus Amygdalus Dilcis (Sweet Almond Oil), Aloe Barbadensis, Methylparaben, 2-Bromo-2-nitropropane-1, 3-diol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethrylparaben, Propylaparaben

Thanks!

-Alex

post-20017-068294700 1285009114_thumb.jpg

I have this combat medic friend here on base with me and he told me that he can hook me up with a lot of supplies. One in particular is a case of "Personal Cleansing Washcloths" and he tells me that this is what medics use when cleaning a wound and what not. Im hesitant to try something like this and cause more damage to a tattoo, so I was just wanting to know what everyone thinks before I agree to using something like this.

Here are the ingredients....

Water, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylates crosspolymer, Parfum, Prunus Amygdalus Dilcis (Sweet Almond Oil), Aloe Barbadensis, Methylparaben, 2-Bromo-2-nitropropane-1, 3-diol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethrylparaben, Propylaparaben

Thanks!

-Alex

Here is the backside...

post-20017-033764600 1285009535_thumb.jpg

Seems like a lot of unnecessary chemicals and what not.. just use a paper towel and some green soap or dr. bronners..

plus these things have almond oil in them? could be a dangerous thing if you get someone with a nut allergy..

I was thinking the same thing. I normally use a paper towel with distilled water, but saw this an opportunity to maybe improve on something, but I guess not. Thanks for the advice!

-Alex

I was thinking the same thing. I normally use a paper towel with distilled water, but saw this an opportunity to maybe improve on something, but I guess not. Thanks for the advice!

-Alex

I use the tattoo wipes with green soap from worldwide tattoo. They fricken rock. I hate having sprays and bottles, so these are perfect. If I am using then on a long procedure, I add additional green soap from a pump before hand to make them a little more moist. I intro'd my inspector to them and she also now recommends them to other studios. I make sure to tell my clients that they are not babywipes, tho, so they do not go out and buy a pack for aftercare. doh!

I have tried those Tat2Rx wipes and they are shit. They are way too saturated (dripping) right out of the package and they contain lavender oil. I only used them on two clients, both of which said they made their tattoos burn. I called Tatsoul and they tried to reach the manufacturer, whom after a month and a half still hadn't returned their call. Tatsoul told me to just keep the unused packages of wipes and gave me an online credit.

if they are being used to treat wounds i dont see what harm they could do really. but if its not broken dont fix it, paper towel and green soap

i agree way too much extra stuff in there.. water and a lil bit of dial do the trick for me ..

i tried using baby wipes once....BIIIIGGGG fukin mess, so i stick to paper towels & water or green soap.

ive seen many artists use wipes. looks really convenient so i wanted to try them. so you guys dont dig the wipes huh?

or dr. bronners..

YES! another tattooer who uses that shit must be a ny thing ;)

i wouldnt use those wipes man its wierd.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0