Long time no see.. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
lokii

Madhatter's Black Book?

Hey guys I have been looking for this book also and no luck. Can someone help me out?

Edited by RandyH

Mind if I do the same? Would love a copy of this book to!!

Cheers,

Ben

Never mind. Turns out I have it already. My bad

Cheers,

Ben

Followed the link to the book and it's great. A little preachy at the beginning, but I understand what he is getting at and that he is very passionate.

I have done everything from glassblowing to headstone design and everyone has that feeling of "don't give out the info for free (or at all)" like it's some kind of secret society or something. You think tattooing is secretive check out glassblowing sometime. Back in the day there was nothing. Over the last 5-10 years it has finally opened up and there are housewives out there with small torches doing amazing beadwork while the kids are in school.

But back to the book. Is there a pdf version I can download and print out? I will be using this for reference and I find it a lot easier with real pages rather than my notebook or tablet. I'm really enjoying the sections on shading. My art experience has consisted almost exclusively of line art black and white stuff. After reading this I'm hitting the craft store for some drawing pencils and a sketch pad and I'm just going to draw random shit around the house.

Thanks in advance.

I got a copy a while ago but my computer crashed.

Can't think where I got it but have searched high and low with no joy!

Thanks sir.

A 4 page thread (over 4 years admittedly) . Wow. It took all of 5 seconds on Google to find it. Looks like an interesting read. Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by thehalibutkid

what is thus black book...I want...I research. ...I get....but if anyone wants to send it me wud be much appreciated lol ;)

quick one folks. ...is the "madhatters black book".... The same as "the black book" if so its one of the first things I found when doing research. ..if not I need to find the white rabbit

I found it by searching for it ...

Seemed easier than 'asking' as I've noticed those who asked for it - Got heat thrown at them immediately.

I also noticed while looking/finding the book, a few other forums who are trying to pick apart the book - All it's flaws and 'Do's & Don'ts'. Of course all this was years ago - Just like most of everything on this forum :(

Seemed easier than 'asking' as I've noticed those who asked for it - Got heat thrown at them immediately.

I also noticed while looking/finding the book, a few other forums who are trying to pick apart the book - All it's flaws and 'Do's & Don'ts'. Of course all this was years ago - Just like most of everything on this forum :(

Unfortunatly facebook has screwed this and many like it

Don't get put off by the lack of participation recently, as Mark says , it seems like everyone has shifted over to Facebook and other social media. If you can't find an answer to a question just ask in a new thread, someone will respond to it eventually , might take a few years or so but it will get a reply (normally).

Anyway, welcome to the forum and there is a shit load of info here that you won't find anywhere else without it costing you an arm or a leg and probably most of your dignity if you asked on some other forums. You paid your money so put it to good use

Mac?

Edited by mac_1au

That Black Book is amazing! Thanks for sharing such information, talent, tips and wisdom. There's still folks like me that value it years later :)