Sign in to follow this  
Tattoo Jim

Zippo

my hand holding a zippo, ink watercolors and some coffee

i did a machine yesterday an there was loads of things wrong, well things could of been better

was going to re-do it but i decided to go for this instead

definitely inspired by joe sleepy around a month ago with the hand set !!

post-6996-1275563008_thumb.jpg

The top banner looks squashed and the bottom one looks stretched. Also, you're missing an index finger. You have the first knuckle joint, just not the rest of the finger. :(

Looks pretty cool though.

The top banner looks squashed and the bottom one looks stretched. Also, you're missing an index finger. You have the first knuckle joint, just not the rest of the finger. :(

Looks pretty cool though.

the finger is behind the lighter, if you imagine holding a zippo with your index finger and thumb, i had to double check it myself, i always do my banners different sizes, just to help with niggly bits of the design, a little give here and a little take there, just to help make everything nice and compact, but im getting called on it so often that it will definitely need a re-think lol

Was about to grumble about the hand, then did a quick self-ref and realised it's one of those times where right looks wrong lol

Enjoying all your paintings :(

gotta say i have been loking your designs latley ... really like all the background and that neg space smoke looking stuff i may steal that for a tattoo ... anyways some issues as mentiones but u have been pumping these out lately so keep it up

Was about to grumble about the hand, then did a quick self-ref and realised it's one of those times where right looks wrong lol

Enjoying all your paintings :(

cheers amy.. and for all the help, that trick with the tracing paper to get the designs onto watercolor paper is absolutely priceless, as basic as it is its made life so much easier, and the amazing "super black" ink is soo smooth and sweet to work with

gotta say i have been loking your designs latley ... really like all the background and that neg space smoke looking stuff i may steal that for a tattoo ... anyways some issues as mentiones but u have been pumping these out lately so keep it up

cheers man, go for it i have been inspired alot by your work and enthusiasm, and your brutal critique single handedly changed my whole approach to art.... everything gets drawn 3 or 4 times and i have seriously slammed the breaks on tattooing, which leads to more drawing and research which leads to having a better idea of what looks good and what doesnt

cheers man, go for it i have been inspired alot by your work and enthusiasm, and your brutal critique single handedly changed my whole approach to art.... everything gets drawn 3 or 4 times and i have seriously slammed the breaks on tattooing, which leads to more drawing and research which leads to having a better idea of what looks good and what doesnt

Exactly!

Good to see a bit of gratitude for The Nerd's critiques for once :)

I often have this thought in the back of my mind for determining whether a piece of art or a tattoo is acceptable - it's kinda daft but it would be a quite effective measure:

Imagine J.D. and The Nerd had a love child, a beautiful girl with perfect flawless skin. For her 16th birthday they want you to tattoo her. The response you imagine them giving to the work you come up with should be enough to tell you whether or not to go back to the drawing board :( heehee :D

Exactly!

Good to see a bit of gratitude for The Nerd's critiques for once :)

I often have this thought in the back of my mind for determining whether a piece of art or a tattoo is acceptable - it's kinda daft but it would be a quite effective measure:

Imagine J.D. and The Nerd had a love child, a beautiful girl with perfect flawless skin. For her 16th birthday they want you to tattoo her. The response you imagine them giving to the work you come up with should be enough to tell you whether or not to go back to the drawing board :D heehee :D

yeah it works, when im drawing i have voices whispering in my ear telling me "its shit, get it sorted" it works for me anyway lol