Fudge

Tattooing Feet

Hi I've so far avoided tattooing feet....simply because I've seen so many poorly healed and prematurely aged foot tattoos. Lines that migrate, inks that fade etc. I've actually yet to see a foot tattoo say -a year or two on -that looks ok. Is this because I've only seen poorly executed foot tattoos, or is the result of the nature of the skin, difficulties in healing in that area, artists going too deep etc. Would really appreciate your views on this. Thanks.

ive seen a foot tattoo incorporating petals flowers leaves etc that was done 10 years ago by my local tattoo shop and it still looks absolutely spot on from what I can see , this is on a friends mothers foot , still looks as good as when she got it done although the guy (Paul - titan tattoo) has been doing tattoos a long time

from what i've see tattoos under the foot usually turn green and faded , I left a machine and ink set at a friends and returned to find our friend had randomly tattooed a smiley face underneath his big toe and it went green .he still likes it tho ;)

I have done a tattoo on somebodys foot and wouldnt really like to do it again as it took 6 hours to do a simple star and flourish design because she kept asking for me to stop and some lines faded so I re-did those (she did admit that she didn't look after it properly after a few days) I have no idea how the re-do turned out because I fell out with her boyfriend and so I havnt really seen her since

Huck Spauldings book tattoo A-Z reccomends not doing tattoos below the ankle as tattoos lower to the ground are more prone to infection apparently , I know that that book is not the best reference for learning but that piece may be right

all in all I wouldnt like to do another foot tattoo but at the same time would like to get the nike logo tattooed on one foot

I posted two hibiscus flowers a little while back on two sisters' feet. One turned out fine. The other healed terrible. Touched it up, for free. She insists she took really good care of it. I believe her. Feet are just funny that way.

Feet are shit. I tattooed not long ago a friend and at some spots skin won't take the ink properly, at some others it'll take it too much and healing them fine means keeping them shoeless for about the three first days. I'm afraid I'll be touching up her tattoos for ages until they look something near to the original art.........

Just returning to this, someone recently gave me a good tip. When someone asks for a foot tattoo they make it clear that these tattoos will require refreshing...they're not a one off. I guess it's a bit like the Cheryl Cole hand tattoos that all the ladies seem to be wanting just now.

i just recently did a fix on a foot tattoo, it came from a supposedly reputable and legit shop in texas... i dont know where so dont ask... thing that was really wierd was any blacks i used didnt want to sink in really.. so line work sort was shakey.... werre going to have one more session to test the waters once it heals but all the other colors i used worked well and took, like i said though only thing that didnt want to play friendly was the black IDK why either.... ill be honest im not completely satisified with the way it turn'd out, but i am glad it does look alot better....

please be honest and tell me what yall think...... im posting and expecting an ass chewing....

this is before....

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=16894250&l=fe2fedae03&id=715690602

this is after.....

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=16894258&l=9464419284&id=715690602

the only thing she paid for was the supplies i used..... but she did leave a tip even though i wasnt expecting one... :)

again guys please rip it up and be totally honest.....

Rottie

I've had my foot done for about six years now, one shot, not a single problem. Every line took, no holidays, no migration/fuzziness/distortion/etc./etc./etc. The only thing I do have to say is fuck that, the worst spot I've ever been tattooed.... never twitched more in my life...

I've had my foot done for about six years now, one shot, not a single problem. Every line took, no holidays, no migration/fuzziness/distortion/etc./etc./etc. The only thing I do have to say is fuck that, the worst spot I've ever been tattooed.... never twitched more in my life...

The last one I did, I was 1/3 into the lining....the chick sat up out of the chair, said excuse me for a minute... hung her head out the back door... threw-up....came back...sat down, smiled and said "Ok". the tat is holding up better than some of the earlier ones I'd done so ... i learned some things about them along the way... still not "mastered" it but...:rolleyes: ...working on it.

I've had mixed results tattooing feet. Don't know if its each individuals skin or how well they take care of the tattoo,but someturn out great some need touched up.

I LOVE tattooing the top of the foot. It's pretty flat and the skin is thin and pre-streched. But I refuse to tattoo within 1 inch of the sole. That part of the foot is different from one person to the next. On some, the skin is thick and tough which means that lines must be BURRIED or they try to fall out. On others, the skin is very thin and lines want to spread.

my first selfmade tattoo, after an old 'OZZY' taht i had done on my hand in class/ school when i was 12.. is on my foot. it looks like shit and i d never fix or retouch it because i d love to look back in ten yrs and say taht my very first one.

just like patch, i love foot tattoos but refuse tattooin on the harsher part of the foot.. which would be the very lower bit, where the skin is too coarse, too dead and temporary for anything decent to remain. as jd says, one may take good care of it, but still.. i must add, they nevertheless have to wear shoes, to limit the air as a tattoo heals, to get the worse off water etc in shower.. also feet get lots of friction while healing.. socks,. shoes etc...

as for the soles.. i only did mine to take the piss but knowing that it wouldnt last. its just a blob today, after years. however i had retouched a part of the outline to test a machine, and it (just that part) actually stayed for good, only after the second go.

i have also seen my work after a couple of years from returning clients, it has always looked fine so far...

Only the top of the feet should be tattooed. stay away from the soles and toes ink just doesn't stay. Make sure your customer is well aware that the tattoo had a chance of not staying in or try to talk them in to getting it in a different spot.

2 hours ago, akshayv said:

Before using orthofeet house slippers, my husband’s feet hurt every day when I wore other house slippers for the day. I am impressed with the offer of slippers for my husband who is suddenly experiencing plantar faciitis---with hopes that this investment will be worth it and a big help to him I have been amazed at how I can wear these with no feet pain at the end of my day.

Thanks for your input AND for revisiting an 8 year old topic but I don’t recall this being the “comfy slippers” forum.....?

?

Edited by mac_1au
Cunt spell two gud

7 hours ago, mac_1au said:

Thanks for your input AND for revisiting an 8 year old topic but I don’t recall this being the “comfy slippers” forum.....?

?

but he made me log in after having been away for so long... as for some reason got a notification on this ;) 

orthowhat?? 

3 hours ago, dead bird singing said:

but he made me log in after having been away for so long... as for some reason got a notification on this ;) 

orthowhat?? 

Maybe you had a secret foot fetish to be following the thread ? .... or maybe you were hoping someone would find the best slippers in the world for your poor wee aching tootsies ?, either way it’s good to see ya back man, how ya been?

8 hours ago, mac_1au said:

Maybe you had a secret foot fetish to be following the thread ? .... or maybe you were hoping someone would find the best slippers in the world for your poor wee aching tootsies ?, either way it’s good to see ya back man, how ya been?

haha, busy as hell.. but all good. recently bought a house so when not tattooing bustin my balls renovating.. looks like a bomb site as of now. hope all good with you too mate.

how much were the slippers again... ? :P

2 hours ago, dead bird singing said:

how much were the slippers again... ? :P

Buy one.... get one freeeeeee! ?