• Announcements

• J.J. Flash

THIS IS A SITE FOR ARTISTS, NOT CLIENTS (Please read before posting)   04/18/2018

I'm seeing a lot more questions from people who are looking to get tattoos, asking about ideas, healing instructions, etc. These are questions you should ask YOUR  LOCAL TATTOO ARTIST, not random people on the internet. This site is specifically for tattoo artists and those looking to get into the trade by way of an apprenticeship. Don't be shy! Google local artists and drop by a shop or two, check out their portfolio of work and talk about your ideas with a professional who can help you achieve the best tattoo experience. 

Thanks for reading!

With as much as we all print out and need printers, what kind does everyone use?

I hate mine, it runs outta ink fast and its too expensive. What would anyone recommend that looks good in the long run?

No idea how it compares to others on the market, but we've got a Canon Pixma MP540

Pretty happy with it :blink:

I don't know if it's just standard now...but if you make sure you get a printer with four separate CMYK ink cartridges, plus a second black cartridge, it's more economical.

Really wish we had an A3 printer and scanner though...

Edited by amybird

I personally use a HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless, but I use it alot more than just for tattoo purposes. Initial cost is on the higher side, but I have to say cost per page is amazing.

If I'm printing something out for stencil purposes (hand tracing specifically), I turn down the fill on the image to 40% so I can see my trace and not miss anything and most importantly I print in 'draft' mode and use only black, saves TONS of ink!

We have a b&w A3 laser printer in the shop for stencils, and I use a Lexmark X7675 for any colour work (flyers, signs, etc)

Wow, I didn't know about CIS cratridges thanks for the link! Can you just keep filling up the pots on those things?

yeah you just buy bottle of refill ink and top them up as you need them, they come with a chip on the cartridge that you reset with a button when it reaches its use limit. works out so much cheaper, if you watch the video at the bottom of that link it shows how easy they are to set up.

And the reason i went for that particular printer is it resizes manually on the printer without the need for a pc, so i can stick the image in and hit the reduce or enlarge button then just hit copy.

I have a Konica Minolta 5430 color laser printer that I use for my final stencil prints and for color "inspiration" printouts. I also have a Brother HL-1270N b/w laser printer that was a "free-pile" score that I use for comps and quick prints. I'm also using a Bother Intellifax thermal fax machine to create stencils.

yeah you just buy bottle of refill ink and top them up as you need them, they come with a chip on the cartridge that you reset with a button when it reaches its use limit. works out so much cheaper, if you watch the video at the bottom of that link it shows how easy they are to set up.

And the reason i went for that particular printer is it resizes manually on the printer without the need for a pc, so i can stick the image in and hit the reduce or enlarge button then just hit copy.

Thanks for that. I'd just bought 2 new printers for the shop a few days ago because it was cheaper than the fucking cartridges for the old ones. Gonna get one of these cartridges!!

For those using laser printers - Do they make a humming noise when they are on and not being used? Or are they silent? Do they get hot?

i have a lexmark all in one x5410. the inks for them aint bad either as i get the from office max for like 18.99 for color and about 17.99 or so for black. and it dont waste fast either but then again i print using quick mood if what im printing is not important.

edit: i cant spell for the life of me.

Edited by bambi20

I run 2 printers a Brother 3-n-1, does all my black and grey ref and a big fukin PanasonicKX-P3626 for my stencils.....just got a huge Epson A3 printer.....gonny try and see if I can print out A3 stencils....why...just because...Peace,P. :)