Sign in to follow this  
Waz

Have Problem With Machine Starting.

I was given an IndyIrons machine,

The problem i am having is, when i go to start the machine, it needs a kick start by flicking the a-bar down, it runs fine after that, but need to do it each time it starts,

I am using a cyclone 360 power source, just over 7 volts, speed 130, load, 47%

I had a good look at the machine, it looks to me as thought the gap between the top of coils and the a-bar is quite large, would easily be at least 5mm gap if not slightly bigger,

Not 100% sure of spring, but they came off a machine that was meant to be set up as a shader, (cheap piece of crap machine)

Would putting a spacer at the base of the coils to lift them closer to the a-bar, help fix this problem?

I am going to change all my springs to eikon one of these days,

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

You should take a couple of pictures of your machine. Take one pic when the a-bar pressed down and one pic with the a-bar is in resting position.

Peace

If the armature bar is parallel with the base of the machine when it is all the way down, touching the front coil, then it is configured correctly. If this is the case, then you will need to adjust your rear spring and contact screw.

A machine with a 5mm gap running at 130 sounds completely wrong to me. I'm suspicious of your rear spring's tension.

If the armature bar is parallel with the base of the machine when it is all the way down, touching the front coil, then it is configured correctly. If this is the case, then you will need to adjust your rear spring and contact screw.

A machine with a 5mm gap running at 130 sounds completely wrong to me. I'm suspicious of your rear spring's tension.

Thanks for that,

I will check it out, and see how a-bar sitting when all the way done,

I will get a couple of pics to show where the a-bar is sitting when rested, and when fully done.

im sure someone removed the spacers or shims from the coils.... and some steel washers or shims under the front coil to make the a-bar hit flat would be the problem solver.

cheers greg /indyirons

im suspicious of indy irons , but thats my opinion take it for what its worth

suspicious???? of what ? dont get me started...

suspicious???? of what ?

suspicious of the fact that you make deals , receive the other parties payment and make excuse after excuse of why they got no machine !!!

that`s my experience and i`ve talked to many others that have been f#$%@d as well !!!!!

and before you go saying i was being mean and something about a pissing match ...

bet your a$$ that after sending you a machine for trade and being given a 8 - 10 DAY turn around and not getting a machine , an email or so much as a hearty haha f#$% you for 4 MONTHS ..... I DID AND STILL DO CALL YOU A THIEF A YEAR LATER !!!

i paid good money for the custom machine i sent you and as far as i`m concerned that`s just like takin food out of my families mouth , which in the non virtual world will get your cockholster split !!!

sorry to vent in public and to clutter this board , BUT be very cautious of doing business with a crumbsnatcher and leach on our industry !

ive had no personal dealings with you greg & never will. I have however spoken with several people who have dealt with you & have been less than pleased to say the least. I have also had a nice look thru some of your machines youve built & damn man you need glasses brother cuz some of them are just jacked the fuck up!!

Not to mention these other problems with Greg's machines ...

1. They rust. I don't mean years down the track, I mean after having them sit for about a week .... they are rusted pieces of shit.

2. The spring decks NEVER sit true.

3. When you take them out of the package they arrive in, the spring deck just ..... falls off!

And that's when and IF you actually get what you pay for. Before anyone goes off, I actually have pictures to prove everything I have just said.

Steer well clear of Greg and IndyIrons. His machines are utter junk.

Not to mention these other problems with Greg's machines ...

1. They rust. I don't mean years down the track, I mean after having them sit for about a week .... they are rusted pieces of shit.

2. The spring decks NEVER sit true.

3. When you take them out of the package they arrive in, the spring deck just ..... falls off!

And that's when and IF you actually get what you pay for. Before anyone goes off, I actually have pictures to prove everything I have just said.

Steer well clear of Greg and IndyIrons. His machines are utter junk.

what are you trying to say ElDubya.....c'mon now don't hold back, get it out.... :)

yeah,thats right,you're among friends,just speak your mind,get it off your chest.....you'll feel better for it!

seems no reply from mr indy himself .... i know if it was my reputation , i`d stand up for myself . but none the less a thief and a liar will always result in cowering !!!

what are you trying to say ElDubya.....c'mon now don't hold back, get it out.... B)
yeah,thats right,you're among friends,just speak your mind,get it off your chest.....you'll feel better for it!

No worries, next time I'll shut my mouth and let others get ripped off too.

Hey,calm down mate!No one critisizing you! we were just admiring the way you got in there and layed it right out. Most people wont do that for fear of being uncool or whatever but you got the strength of conviction to come out and say whats up and why..we were bigging you up for it,not putting you down....its like when you go to the doctor and he says ; "Mr Shocker,you will never walk again!" and you (or I should say "one") reply "Give it to me straight Doc,dont hold back!"

I personally admire the way you weighed in ,so I am sorry that you have took my comments the wrong way