Sign in to follow this  
observe

Machine Listing Apature Bar And Spring Sizes.

Hey someone is sending me a ITS bulldog.. its in the mail now.

I'd like to set it up as a shader running 14-35? mags?

I'm wondering If anyone has their measurements on them. I was looking at pulse and eikon. I also had time machine springs recommended. I didn't really make this thread for 'what springs bars to buy' so much as whats compatible with what. though If you would like to mention how you have yours setup and how you like it I think that would be cool too.

thanks.

try the search feature and type in machine setup, springs, shader set up. stuff like that. there is alot of info already on here about it bro. happy reading.

try the search feature and type in machine setup, springs, shader set up. stuff like that. there is alot of info already on here about it bro. happy reading.

I don't think you understood the pros of the request, or even what I was asking for? I realize it was long winded but you don't have to pretend like you read it. in the search function find me armature bar measurements for my machine, Now since my machine isn't the most pleasureful ride in town its getting a rebuild. Armature bar and spring sets now.. coils and possibly cap later. I looked at ITS's website I didn't see any mesurements.. I went to buy a new bar.. I see mesurements.. If the bars to long the needle will ride on the end of the tube causeing to much friction/bogging unregulated speed changing.. if its to short the opposite.. possibly causing exsesive needle bending and bounce/tearing.. I'm trying to learn my machine. I understand setup and tuning for many different application already.. the question was one of size.. how long is your dick? will it fit my hole...

not your dick is bigger then mine because I automaticly assume a new member doesn't know how to use the search function, and i'm playing babysitter cop to make the forum a little more intuitive..

Whats an Apature bar?

Yea it was a short term memory slip/typo.

14-35 mags,gunna need sum power behind it,14's not so much,but 35,big grouping to push,gotta make sure it's set up to handle it

yea thanks for the heads up I know.. the coils are decent could be better.. I guess i'll see what its capable of pushing soon enough.

I thought this could have been a cool thread guess I shouldn't babble so much when its late impatiently excited.

Ive seen the posts with spring sizes, duty, voltage, gap, hrz, (not exactly) cps and so forth as well as what people think of there machine.. really I just wanted armature bar measurements as to not but I guess I can use a measuring tape and then call 15 different suppliers and then maybe the size range i need.. or the built quality I want MIGHT ship to me.. OR my request to better gather/consolidate data could be considered valuable by someone and the info will start to appear. Or am I really that way off and none of this is pertinent as everyone just buys whatever machine they want prebuilt.

sorry if I came off like a dick.. i dont' feel like editing

I've worked with plenty of ITS frames and you should be able to build a good shader with the bulldog frame.

Most of the armatures that come with ITS machines are to heavy for Liners, not bad for slow shaders and good for colour packers.

Standard Eikon springs and armatures will fit no worries, Short armatures from firehorse or flying irons are fine with just minor modifications to the back spring.

ITS coils are OK but don't believe what they say about them being 10 wrap. I've unwound quite a few and most are 8 wrap at most and the wire size can vary quite a bit. They also run a plastic bobbin to insulate the cores so they're not very efficient.

Get yourself a good set of hand wound 10 wraps a medium weight armature and some Eikon springs ( .17 main and .18 timing ) and you should be able to drive the needle groups you mentioned.

Other thing you need to be aware of is that ITS frames are set up for metric coils. The brass and Stainless frames are 32mm and most of the iron or steel frames are 34mm.

If you use standard 1 1/4" coils you will need to grind down the spring deck or use a yoke.

Hope this helps. Not all of us are here to hang shit for spelling mistakes.

Some of us are here to learn and pass on what we learn.

Enjoy the trails.

first off i did read your post and i just suggested u search for ur answer a lil because its probably been answered quite a few times already. secondly i am not trying to police anything and i did assume u didnt know much about machines since i read your intro and you said you haven't done much research and u were looking for Apature bar sizes. typo it may be, cause we all have them. but u just never know when someone is just trying to get info just handed to them without even trying to help themselves. also in your intro you say your not interested in learning lining and u just wanna do shading and greywash. wtf is that about? you have to crawl before u can walk and its a long road. i understand wanting to do bad ass ink like nikko or carlton and just jump in there with a 15 mag without ever lining a thing and make some realistic looking shit but u have to get the basics down first. finally to try to help a lil more try looking in the builds section and take note of what springs people are using on there large grouping shaders. alot of times they will post all the info your looking for. find a machine that is built for what ur trying to build and study it.

why is it people try jump on the newbies? i mean if ya have a few posts and say a little wrong, or maybe miss type, they jump on ya.... like y'all pro's . obviously ya all made mistakes like us all.. and i still do.. just step back and remember where ya came from ......! geez i dont have to say alot at all. but i see this all the f*****g time.. now ya think ya better cause ya not at the begining now..and the search button dont always get the results...look yaself before giving it..

steal25 ya new wot was ment why be a funny and not help. or just say nothing...!

Edited by jjbbuzz

Hope this helps. Not all of us are here to hang shit for spelling mistakes.

Some of us are here to learn and pass on what we learn.

Enjoy the trails.

I think we are all here to learn and contribute to the forum. And no nobody is here to hang someone for a spelling mistake, If thats even what it was.But when someone who SOUNDS like thay have absolutely no expierence ( not saying that you, observe, has none) and wants to just dive into the deep end and can't even doggie paddle yet, someone needs to let them know thier are basics to be learned first. had he asked the same questions , even spelled a few words wrong, but didn't sound so over zealous like "fuck lining im gonna work with large mags' he may have been approached differently. imo

why is it people try jump on the newbies? i mean if ya have a few posts and say a little wrong, or maybe miss type, they jump on ya.... like y'all pro's . obviously ya all made mistakes like us all.. and i still do.. just step back and remember where ya came from ......! geez i dont have to say alot at all. but i see this all the f*****g time.. now ya think ya better cause ya not at the begining now..and the search button dont always get the results...look yaself before giving it..

steal25 ya new wot was ment why be a funny and not help. or just say nothing...!

I don't think its so much people jumping on newbies.. its more jumping on people who display a bad attitude, or ask a question that displays a lack of motivation to try to find the answer themselves.. tattooing can be a brutal profession, its stressful, and takes its toll on your mind body and soul.. regardless of personal opinions on ways to learn.. there is a very real and established "pecking order" in this industry.. and that displays itself even here.. so when a new person comes in and appears to not give it the respect it deserves people are quick to put them in check.. its not a personal thing.. and in all honesty it helps build character, and displays the right attitude if you can roll with the punches.

Standard Eikon springs and armatures will fit no worries, Short armatures from firehorse or flying irons are fine with just minor modifications to the back spring.

Thanks.

But when someone who SOUNDS like thay have absolutely no expierence ( not saying that you, observe, has none) and wants to just dive into the deep end and can't even doggie paddle yet, someone needs to let them know thier are basics to be learned first. had he asked the same questions , even spelled a few words wrong, but didn't sound so over zealous like "fuck lining im gonna work with large mags' he may have been approached differently. imo

You are right, and deathtones I believe you were just trying to help.

I am maybe over zealous. and not very good at communicating what it really was I was looking for.

I should have known I'd get jumped on for trying to race before crawling.. I have this school of thought in almost everything I do.. guitar,glass. there is no right way to learn.. there is orthodox ways which many know to work.. even possibly well. its as rediculous as "he's not as far in life as I am" everyones experences are different.. everyone knows what they know.. there is a lot to explore in any genre.

On the glass forum I'm a part of everyone always said "don't do that, you have to do this first" I say fuck that (not fuck linework).

so many of you came from a 'scratcher' background where you just got the stuff and ran with it.. you were doing things you shouldn't have been and breaking boundries.. learning what people don't think you should know and teaching or understanding what some 'seasoned vet' hasn't quite figured out yet. So maybe concentrating on technique to do what you want isn't the basics.. but what is basic is all subjective anyway.

so I'm a newbie.. I'm in the wrong.. I'll figure it out... eventually.

thanks everyone.

You know, I don't pick on newbies im a newb myself and still learning and yes I've made plenty of mistakes and will in the future make plenty of mistakes. I read this guys intro and when he said he's not interested in linework just wants to shade?!?! and then I read he wants his machine set up to push 35mags?!?! It just struck me wrong.

Thanks.

You are right, and deathtones I believe you were just trying to help.

I am maybe over zealous. and not very good at communicating what it really was I was looking for.

I should have known I'd get jumped on for trying to race before crawling.. I have this school of thought in almost everything I do.. guitar,glass. there is no right way to learn.. there is orthodox ways which many know to work.. even possibly well. its as rediculous as "he's not as far in life as I am" everyones experences are different.. everyone knows what they know.. there is a lot to explore in any genre.

On the glass forum I'm a part of everyone always said "don't do that, you have to do this first" I say fuck that (not fuck linework).

so many of you came from a 'scratcher' background where you just got the stuff and ran with it.. you were doing things you shouldn't have been and breaking boundries.. learning what people don't think you should know and teaching or understanding what some 'seasoned vet' hasn't quite figured out yet. So maybe concentrating on technique to do what you want isn't the basics.. but what is basic is all subjective anyway.

so I'm a newbie.. I'm in the wrong.. I'll figure it out... eventually.

thanks everyone.

yeah but blowing or shaping glass isn't pemanantly on a person for life. I get what you are saying but in this genre it pays off to take your time and learn the right way.

i also am very new to tattooing and this forum. i have only been a full member a lil over a month. i wasnt trying to jump on ya at all man, just giving ya a lil push in the right direction with keywords to try in the search to get better results in what u are looking for. I in no way believe that i am further along than you or think i am better. i just know that if you ease into this and show people that you are committed to the craft that you will get alot further. I know there is no exact way that everyone has to learn. but there are very important steps that you cant just look past to get to the fun stuff. its a long road and theres a lot to learn along the way and this forum will help you out in every step. my advice would be to post some of your artwork and comment on other peoples art when they are asking for crit. the more you give to the forum the more they will give u back is the way i see it. i totally understand that ur really excited about tattooing and thats great. but it will take some discipline and a lot of patience. glad to see you already have an autoclave and are wanting to do practice skins. these two things show that your at least thinking of safety and wanting to practice on a medium that wont fuck someone up. that alone is alot better than some have shown. so just stick with it and read read read and practice practice practice then read some more and before you know it u will be where u want to be. there are alot of great people on here with alot of wisdom and this is the only place i know of that is willing to give their knowledge away for the small price of showing ur commitment. so let me just say congrats on joining the forum and hope to see some art from you soon.

... but what is basic is all subjective anyway.

:unsure:

There IS no fast-track.

Good luck.

Edited by Stoneface

One other thing.... Here's a big pat on the back for starting your venture in "Mechanics". :unsure: ...too many don't have any idea what they're tools are doing or how to fix'em when they break in mid Tattoo.

Cheers! (I mean that. :D