Sign in to follow this  
observe

Whats Up?

Hey, young buck here 30, came out of highschool not wanting to work for any company I've ever delt with.. Desired to make it playing music played in a punk band 7 years 3 recordings broke up, sold my music gear after 2 years of denile, bought lampworking equipment.. went to town.. 4 years persuing glass later I started doing 2d art again. Met some body mod people.. picked up a amsco dynaclave, picking up some 2mm white foam and going to do my tattoo 'flash' on there. Studing BBP and cross contamination, hooking up with the local shop and learning all I can. Planing on getting off the east cost (yea i know home is where the homies can help most) traveling out west.. hoping to hook up with a laid back atmosphere where people draw and do skin art. Willing to trade trade skills with anyone willing to share. .. and one day I'd like to finish designing my own (empty canvas) and load it up.

If anyone has any shop recommendations in Eugene, Portland area with possible 'apprentice' or the like openings I'm open to listening as once I get my practice sheets filled up I'd like to share them with the world.. as art often meaningless without the aspect of sharing it. 10 years of art and still trying to 'make it' (just like everyone else heh).

As some may know OR also has some of the best glassblowers in the world which I also plan on studying under.

I also heard it was one of the best places for getting the health departments approval for tattoo work?

I don't know how long it will be when I know everything I need to before working on live skin I haven't done much research. I don't know If I should sell the autoclave or if I even can go all disposable but as of now I'm not sure I'll need it.. especially since I have no aspirations of opening my one shop only working under one.

I'm not interested in a lot of line work.. I know some will be necessary for strong contrast areas but I mostly want to learn shading technique and gray wash so I can jump right into replicating whats in my head/on paper.

Anyway, I'm all ears here..

Nice to meet all you.

Yo,

30? ... Get ready... it'll seem like a couple of years and you're gonna be pushin' 50.

Make it count.

Read often.

Welcome

Welcome. :lol: click >>here and >>here

Thanks I'm on it.. I've seen your sig after many good readings now.. thanks for looking out, Already got HEP vacine, always a student though. good things.

Yo,

30? ... Get ready... it'll seem like a couple of years and you're gonna be pushin' 50.

Make it count.

Read often.

Welcome

yea late start eh? It seems just like yesterday... I read to a lot, maybe balancing study with practice though I haven't quite figured.

Edited by observe