Long time no see.. Read more... ×
STEELE

Capacitors?!?!?

i'm rewiring a set of 8 layer coils to put on a b & g shader what size cap would you expert machine and coil builders use for this project? i know that your supposed to put the lower numbers caps ie: 10 or 22 on liners and higher numbered caps ie: 47 or 100 for shaders ( i think ). so if i wanted a really soft hitting shader im thinking ill use a 47?? another question is i see them come in different voltages, what effect do the different voltages have? so what i have is a 47uf35v cap is that gonna work on a soft b&g shader? i know thier are other factors that go into creating a soft hitter ie: springs abar and PS settings, im just wondering about the caps.

i'm rewiring a set of 8 layer coils to put on a b & g shader what size cap would you expert machine and coil builders use for this project? i know that your supposed to put the lower numbers caps ie: 10 or 22 on liners and higher numbered caps ie: 47 or 100 for shaders ( i think ). so if i wanted a really soft hitting shader im thinking ill use a 47?? another question is i see them come in different voltages, what effect do the different voltages have? so what i have is a 47uf35v cap is that gonna work on a soft b&g shader? i know thier are other factors that go into creating a soft hitter ie: springs abar and PS settings, im just wondering about the caps.

ill throw a couple 33uf 25volt caps in your package when i ship it man, that should take care of yer shader. The volts dont matter a hell of a lot, general rule of thumb i learned some time ago was atleast twice the voltage you expect to run the machine , so 25 volt is plenty

thanks johnie that super cool! maybe you could answer this for me does a 10uf run faster because it realeses sooner or a 33uf because it stores more, or am i tottally off on how they even work. caps pretty much control the speed right?

thanks johnie that super cool! maybe you could answer this for me does a 10uf run faster because it realeses sooner or a 33uf because it stores more, or am i tottally off on how they even work. caps pretty much control the speed right?

ill pm ya :D