Long time no see.. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
lilbit78

Allergic To Green Soap...

Has anyone used anything else besides green soap to clean with? The reason I ask is I know someone whoe everytime she gets tattooed and green soap is applied she instantly turns red and puffy. Any other suggestions?

Has anyone used anything else besides green soap to clean with? The reason I ask is I know someone whoe everytime she gets tattooed and green soap is applied she instantly turns red and puffy. Any other suggestions?

I have a friend that is the same way. She is allergic to the lavender in the green soap. Her artist uses a solution of Technicare diluted with distilled water. It's one of the few products that was made for putting into (debriding) wounds.

Just make sure it is safe for use on an open wound. If the package says to not use it on mucus membranes (like hibiclense) then it is not ok to use on open wounds.

i dont use any green soap, no need for it, i use a dettol water mix for final wash down and inbetween breaks and plain water for the genral wash downs.

you can also mix an antibacterial 1/4 soap 1/4 alcohol or witch hazel and 1/2 distilled water. thats what i use.

Thanks u guys! :) I've heard of the anti bacterial mixture just nothin else....and hibiclense is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too harsh. Kills everything BUT using it over and over on one place will definitely give some redness or rash. (I work in a hospital...it's used to wash down an area prior to surgery or on hands prior to surgery or in the IV room in the pharmacy when mixing meds.)