Long time no see.. Read more... ×
Paul

Just made my own clip cord

While doing a tattoo last week, one of the wires came off my clip cord. Not really a problem, but took about 10 mins before

up & running again. So i decided to make one as a spare. After finding a spring in my toolbox, a piece of plastic from a cash

box & a heavy duty paper clip. I came up with this.

of=50,590,442

of=50,590,442

sweet if your ever in an emergency cut the cord and split it -tye it to it. i did that once it worked well.

pretty sweet

Yeah, true. But i done this now, so i can just change over to the other one if ever need to.

It looks good only other suggestion is maybe shrink wrap the spring just so you don't get shocked. I know it's over an insulated cord but you never know.

yes, its not the voltage that will hurt you its the current

My buddy zapped a client when he was tattooing a guys shoulder. His contact arched off the guys ear. His capacitor was going out and was making a spark.

Monster Cable speaker wire works great for clipcords, and it looks cool too.
monster cable will cause some voltage drop and effect what power you're gettin to your machine but i guess you could just turn the setting up

I thought monster cable would carry the voltage better, so making your machines run smoother?

a cable has a certain resistance value, too thin or too thick will cause this to alter the voltage/current to the machine

you wouldnt want to use a mains cable for a ciruit board wire and vice versa. :D

Monster Cable speaker wire works great for clipcords, and it looks cool too.

monster cable will cause some voltage drop and effect what power you're gettin to your machine but i guess you could just turn the setting up

Really? I never had that problem. Then again, it's like 10 guage wire. really thick.

What would you guys suggest as a good good gauge wire? And does it need to be speaker wire? (From what ive seen and come across)  Any suggestion would b cool, im making my own clip cord and trying to see which will make my machine run fastest with lowest voltage on PS, good or bad idea?